Edelbrock Launches E-Force Superchargers For 2014 GM Half-Tons

Edelbrock Launches E-Force Superchargers For 2014 GM Half-Tons

By David Chickposted on Oct 20, 2014 in New Products

15790-400x266.jpg

Edelbrock is pleased to bring Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra owners a great bit of news–now available for 2014 applications are new E-Force superchargers, which generate copious amounts of horsepower and torque to the rear wheels of your rig. All kits make use of Eaton’s Gen VI 2300 TVS rotor assembly, and include such vital supporting components as a cold air intake system, intercooler, programmer, and more.

Official Release:

Edelbrock is excited to begin shipping the highly anticipated E-Force Supercharger system for 2014 GM trucks. The all-new design increases the stock GM EcoTec engine up to 528 rear wheel horsepower and 496 ft-lbs. of torque for improved towing performance.

This E-Force supercharger incorporates the Eaton Gen VI 2300 Twin Vortices Series (TVS) rotor assembly, as well as an air to water twin intercooler system and dual core heat exchanger. Performance has been optimized through a unique runner design and an integrated bypass valve that helps reduce parasitic loss under light throttle, which improves gas mileage potential. All of this technology fits under the stock hood without modification.

These kits include all of the upgraded components needed to support the increased power output of the engine, including a high flow air intake system and handheld programming module to update the ECU. It also features an all-new black powder coated manifold assembly design for great under hood appeal. These systems are designed to work with all OEM emissions equipment, making them 50 state emissions legal (E.O. Number D-215-85).

Features:

• Increases stock EcoTec motors to 528 rear-wheel horsepower and 496 pound-feet of torque
  • Includes all upgraded components needed, including intake system, programer, intercooler, etc.
  • 50-state legal for emissions standards

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wonder how our transmissions will hold up to this?

I think they should hold up fine, even with it on the 6.2. I think I saw where someone said the HP that the 6 speeds can handle, but can't remember. Now if you start do a bunch of other stuff to up the performance even more then you'll eventually have to upgrade the trans.

Hmm, that number is awful high for them to be gains for the 5.3. From 355hp to 528rwhp. Most of the 5.3's are in the 275rwhp range, that is 250rwhp increase from the supercharger alone. I bet those numbers are for the 6.2 which is 420hp / 340rwhp range.

Hmm, that number is awful high for them to be gains for the 5.3. From 355hp to 528rwhp. Most of the 5.3's are in the 275rwhp range, that is 250rwhp increase from the supercharger alone. I bet those numbers are for the 6.2 which is 420hp / 340rwhp range.

Just checked there website they claim 445 hp & 421 ft/lbs of torque for the 2014 with a 5.3L

What else would a guy need if he had a super charger. Haha.

Better internals lol. Could also say nitrous, but I've never been into that. I only like "all motor". Oh and I have seen both turbos with a supercharger lol. I believe I've seen one that had twin turbos going into a twin screw supercharger.

Wonder how our transmissions will hold up to this?

I've heard with the 5th gen camaros you can run up to about 550 to the wheels on the stock 6 speed auto. If we use the same tranny we should be good as well. You start getting closer to 6 tho.. you need some beef.

I don't think GM uses anymore weak trannies like the 4L60E do they? I think the new designation is 6L80E?

that's a nice chunk of power from ~320 at the engine to 530 at the WHEELS? You gotta be edging 600fwhp with this setup.

I've heard with the 5th gen camaros you can run up to about 550 to the wheels on the stock 6 speed auto. If we use the same tranny we should be good as well. You start getting closer to 6 tho.. you need some beef.

I don't think GM uses anymore weak trannies like the 4L60E do they? I think the new designation is 6L80E?

that's a nice chunk of power from ~320 at the engine to 530 at the WHEELS? You gotta be edging 600fwhp with this setup.

Ya it's 6L80e, 80 being more HD like the 4L80e over the 4L60e. I'm just assuming but I think the 6 just means 6 speed since the 4L60e in my 98 was a 4 speed. I haven't even thought to look up the name of the new 8 speed and what it can handle.

6L80E has been around for years with minimal updates and changes.

6L90E is what the CTS-V and ZL1 use, it is a more heavy duty version of the 6L80E and can handle more torque.

8L80E is the designation for the new 8sp transmission.

Here are the 6 speed torque ratings I found in the body builder manual which was revised Jan 28, 2014. No info on the 8 speed.

RPO MYC 6L80 - 439 LB.-FT

RPO MYD 6L90 - 531 LB.-FT

Interesting that there's no TCM tune. The guy that piloted the initial 6.2L build out of this talked extensively about all the tranny tuning & tweaking Edlebrock was doing.

I think the original post included a "programmer", which probably installs whatever tune Edelbrock came up with.

Archived