blown transmission at 79,000 miles

08 silverado 1500 blown transmission at 79000 miles dont know what to do!!!!

Rebuild it to handle around 600hp/tq and feel good about adding power mods to the truck knowing everything will be alright.

08 silverado 1500 blown transmission at 79000 miles dont know what to do!!!!

The obvious choice thing to do would be to fix it? You can get a goodwill fix by the dealer or pay for it yourself.

Depending on where you go it could about 2k. I had mine done for 1.2k along with the rear main seal. I should have thrown in new mounts too.

Shit happens, yours was at 79k and mine was at 200+k.

I found a shop who will do the job for $1200, but im think im gonna take the advise and talk to the dealer. Gm been slacking off and i refuse to to buy anything other that gm cars lol

Hey, I promise there are other brands with better car's out there.

vw ;)

Well certain ones

I found a shop who will do the job for $1200, but im think im gonna take the advise and talk to the dealer. Gm been slacking off and i refuse to to buy anything other that gm cars lol

Don't be surprised when you get a call from the shop..."..well, we couldn't see THAT kind of damage. We'll have to replace that and that...".

I don't wanna scare you but there is a difference in getting a trans fixed what is just worn out or a blown one.

I ended up with $3500 (Canadian).

so long

j-ten-ner

when it comes to a transmission, have it done RIGHT and by those who know these things. (not all GM transmission techs are actually experts in troubleshooting and rebuilding the trannies as I have found out and seen)

Archived