3rd brake light I need HELP

If anyone else has an nnbs sierra, preferably a 2010, could you pull your 3rd brake light and tell me how many holes are drilled in the cab? Mines rusting up bad enough to bubble the paint and break through. Mine has 4 holes and It would seem the rust centers around the other 2 holes. I bought the truck used so I don't know if the previous owner drilled these or not. I'm so aggravated a 4 year old truck is rusting like this! My 92 didn't even have rust this bad. It'll be greatly appreciated! 7ynujuge.jpg2uda7ymu.jpg

Wow.. I wonder if perhaps the lamp/housing had been cracked at some point and then when it was replaced, they may have gotten the wrong style of fixture/housing and instead of taking the time to get the right one, they just "retrofitted" that one to work in that. Oftentimes cargo can and will damage the light up there, it happened once or twice on previous trucks i owned, but GMpartsdirect.com or a visit to the local GMC/Chevy parts department got me the correct replacement with no issues. Have you found any other evidence throughout the truck that maybe might indicte the truck had wiring and switches of some sort that might be conductive of that of a volunteer fire fighter or undercover police vehicle? On several of my previous trucks, I had antenna holes and mounts on the roof that I sold as-is and they were perfectly aware of what they were there for. I believe in full dislosure as that is the way I would want to be treated when purchasing a vehicle.

Archived