Samsung galaxy s5 Bluetooth issues

Anybody have issues with their s5 staying connected to gmc intellink bluetooth? Constant disconnect and reconnext

Hello FastWS6TA,

Sorry you're having trouble with your phone staying connected to bluetooth. Have you contacted our Infotainment Support Team? They would be happy to assist you with your concern and can be reached at 855-478-7767, seven days a week, between the hours of 8AM - 10PM EST.

Thank you,

Andraya R.

GM Customer Care

• 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

I just bought a 2015 Sierra and everything works through bluetooth with the exception of google maps or AT&T maps. I get one little blip of sound and then nothing. I opened a case with infotainment and they are looking into it. I assumed it was because they don't want you using another map service and are trying to force you to use OnStar. The guy on the phone assured me that "GM would never do something like that."

I tried using my phone in my girlfriends car (Chevy Malibu) and have the same issue. I can listen to music, phone, youtube, etc. but when I try to use maps it goes silent.

I just bought a 2015 Sierra and everything works through bluetooth with the exception of google maps or AT&T maps. I get one little blip of sound and then nothing. I opened a case with infotainment and they are looking into it. I assumed it was because they don't want you using another map service and are trying to force you to use OnStar. The guy on the phone assured me that "GM would never do something like that."

I tried using my phone in my girlfriends car (Chevy Malibu) and have the same issue. I can listen to music, phone, youtube, etc. but when I try to use maps it goes silent.

If you want the audio from Google maps to come over the audio you have to turn the infotainment system to the "media" source. Otherwise nothing will come thru from the phone.

ive got a S4 and no issues...i dont get txt notifications or anything like that thought... just media streaming and phone.

If you want the audio from Google maps to come over the audio you have to turn the infotainment system to the "media" source. Otherwise nothing will come thru from the phone.

I switched to "media" and still had the same problems. Talked with the infotainment "experts" and they said the phone maps and the truck were never designed to work together and won't. I guess you guys that have it working are lucky. I still think they are trying to force the use of their maps (On-Star) vice a third party app.

On another note, I hooked my iPad mini up to the wi-fi and turned on Bluetooth on the pad and didn't have to do anything else at all. It automatically started playing music. I never had to go through connecting a new device to the truck at all. It just worked. My mini still doesn't show up as an available device to use, but if I turn it on it just starts playing music.

Some really nice features for a "connected" vehicle, but still A LOT of bugs with compatibility they need to work out.

Archived