Green fluid

Today I was washing my 2014 LT 5k and I noticed a small puddle of green fluid dripping from the rear passenger wheel well. The cloth type fabric was wet from it and the fluid made it's way down to the mud guard. Just one side (wheel) and it looked just like radiator fluid. I'm very confused.

Antifreeze on GM vehicles has been red/orange in color since the 90s. Likely something you drove through at some point as I can't think of anything on these trucks that'd leak green.

As said, the antifreeze/coolant in GMs for a long time now uses Dexcool which is red. Plus if it was antifreeze/coolant and you don't see any dripping on the front and only from the rear wheel well then it can't be antifreeze/coolant. It's just something you ran over and it was enough of it to drip.

It was your soap/wax from the car wash. I went through a touchless wash right before my last service visit. The car wash was less than a mile from the dealership. While my truck was sitting waiting for the service writer there was a green liquid pooling up on their floor.

The liners as you know will trap and hold liquid for a period of time. This is why I will leave my truck sit outside the garage for an hour or so before pulling it in when wet. It gives it time to drip dry so to speak.

The thing that concerns me about these fiber lined wheel liners is what will happen over time with salt/brine being temporarily trapped in there???

• 1 year later...

Hello! I have a 2014 Silverado LT Z71 and I noticed a small pool of green fluid on my driveway yesterday. It's coming from above the skid plate on the front passenger side. Is it differential fluid? What else could be green on this year of Chevy?

Washer fluid?

Today I was washing my 2014 LT 5k and I noticed a small puddle of green fluid dripping from the rear passenger wheel well. The cloth type fabric was wet from it and the fluid made it's way down to the mud guard. Just one side (wheel) and it looked just like radiator fluid. I'm very confused.

Dripping from the wheel well sounds like car wash material (soap or something in its liquid form). Rinse it with some water, wipe down and just watch for anything. Nothing is green as far as fluids go on these trucks other than AC leak dye.

Hello! I have a 2014 Silverado LT Z71 and I noticed a small pool of green fluid on my driveway yesterday. It's coming from above the skid plate on the front passenger side. Is it differential fluid? What else could be green on this year of Chevy?

...no...diffs are gray/brown, transfer case is red, engine oil is brown, no green in these trucks other than AC leak dye if any is in the system.

Archived