2003 silverado stuttering at idle

Taco2131

Question

Help me please, I was driving at 60mph n it felt like my truck missed n it did it a few times in a row. So I parked it n at idle it cuts out n sounds like it's missing. I press the gas pedal n it's almost like it wants to stall it. There are no leaks anywhere. Any help would be nice. I can not figure this out n I have a baby on the way within a month n would like to have this out of my way

I'm sorry in advance if I posted this in the wrong area, I just had tapatalk installed for this app n I'm still trying to figure it out. I was told to try my fuel filter. But I'm at a loss at this point.

Will do sir, getn ready to run to orielleys n have them run the scanner on it.

may have plugged up the new filter too...

That's what I thought too. This thing is back n forth on me. Was driving it a couple hours ago after leaving the parts store n check engine light came on so I ran to another one n put the scanner on it. P0420 catalyst system efficiency below threshold (bank1). any ideas??

I hope not. I changed the fuel filter yesterday morning n it ran fine all day n then I left my buddies house drove about 20 miles that night headn home n it started again. Would an intake gasket do that??

It could but it could be many other things. What codes did it throw?

It didn't throw any codes at all, just ran up to the parts store n it says there were no codes stored on my computer. It's been running fine today. I wondered if maybe some crud from the old fuel filter was still in the lines when I changed it n last night I got some Heet n put that in along with filling it up.

Archived