Vent visors

I love the look of the in channel visors much more then the exterior ones. I have been told however that because they are just installed by pressure (no tape) that they can fall out while driving and also that they can be taken right off (stolen) even when the window is rolled up. Anybody have any experience or comments about this?

You have these? If so, how are they attached? Can you just pull them right out?

They have two way tape on the lip that goes against the channel, and yes if I needed to pull them out , they would come right off , but you might need new two way tape , no big deal. Also I read your previous post, no the factory ones won't fall out even at 90 , lol, and they can't be stolen, without major damage occurring if your window are up, don't believe everything you read on the net!

I prefer in-channels since you don't stick them on the paint. I had a set of the stick on type on my 98 and one came loose and would slap against the door on the interstate so I just removed them. I have a set of in-channel Weathertechs on my truck and so far they've been great, even with all of the windows down on the interstate. They also don't use any glue at all which is a plus for me.

I got the AVS as well installed by the dealer from day1. In the summer when we got some hotter days the two rears would actually slide out of place like the glue was melting or something. The dealer reinstalled them when I brought it in about a month ago so all good for now but things have cooled down a bit here so we shall see how they hold up.

Sent from Windows Phone.

Archived