2015 High Country 2500 Build Page

Figured I should start a Build Page for the Truck.

Arrived at the Dealership yesterday. They installed the High Country Running Boards and the Hard Folding Tonneau Cover today. Going to post a few shots later tonight. I'm loving it so far.

On the "Mods" list are the following:

Install the DDM LED Fog Lights, High Beam and Low Beam bulbs.

Install LED "puddle lights" into the Steps of the rear bumper.

Weather Tech All Weather Mats in Brown to match the Saddle Interior.

Diode for the Fog Lights on with High Beams.

Diode for Reverse Lights on with Cargo Lights.

Tint the front two windows at 20% to match the stock Privacy Glass. Still up in the air about tinting the front windshield.

Install a 30" CREE light bar behind the Grill and have it hooked up to the High Beams.

Other than that, I am very excited to have one of the first 2015 2500 High Country's with the Diesel and Long Box !

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here is a picture of it getting cleaned up before the boards and the tonneau cover were installed. post-132817-141479825959_thumb.jpg

Sent from the future using a Fax

post-132817-141479825959_thumb.jpg

Here it is! Cleaned up (again), Boards on, Tonneau cover on and ready to hit the road!

Just picked up the truck from getting the Windows Tinted and undercoating done. Looks awesome. I matched the factory tint as best as we could.

post-132817-141522670249_thumb.jpg

Just picked up the truck from getting the Windows Tinted and undercoating done. Looks awesome. I matched the factory tint as best as we could.

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByTapatalk1415226700.198885.jpg

What did you have it under coated with ? and who did it the dealer ? when i mention it no one seams to think it needs to be done .

What did you have it under coated with ? and who did it the dealer ? when i mention it no one seams to think it needs to be done .

I had it all done at the dealership. I wanted to make sure the truck had undercoating to protect it from the elements. And since the truck sits outside daily, it see it all.

I had it all done at the dealership. I wanted to make sure the truck had undercoating to protect it from the elements. And since the truck sits outside daily, it see it all.

i want to have my truck done when it comes in too same boat it sits outside and is in the salt in the winter what did your dealer use any brand name or product that i can ask for at my dealer and what did they charge you ?

The Protector is the "product". I had them do what they call a "Package A" ( Undercoating/Paint/Interior). They wanted $995, got down to $650. Windows got tinted for $100.

Threw on the Chevy Grill Cover yesterday to help it warm up quicker. Played with the Engine Block Heater yesterday too, looks like it too short to run out the grill or opening in the front. Anyone route their Engine Block heater a certain way? Also, is it a bad idea to have the heater plugged in and remote start the truck?

Threw on the Chevy Grill Cover yesterday to help it warm up quicker. Played with the Engine Block Heater yesterday too, looks like it too short to run out the grill or opening in the front. Anyone route their Engine Block heater a certain way? Also, is it a bad idea to have the heater plugged in and remote start the truck?

I've been wondering about these two things myself. I don't want to be fishing an extension cord up through the window well each night. And I don't want to be popping the hood either. We get enough windy snow around here that if you prop the hood enough to accommodate the extension cord, you could also be filling up the engine bay with snow.0 I haven't tried yet but I'm wondering if the cord is long enough to have it come out through the grill...

I've been wondering about these two things myself. I don't want to be fishing an extension cord up through the window well each night. And I don't want to be popping the hood either. We get enough windy snow around here that if you prop the hood enough to accommodate the extension cord, you could also be filling up the engine bay with snow.0 I haven't tried yet but I'm wondering if the cord is long enough to have it come out through the grill...

I wanted to run mine thru the grill area, but it is not long enough, unless there is more than one zip tie on the cord. I didn't craw under the truck either to check.. I'm thinking they figured you would pop your hood, plug it in and the shut the hood..

Archived