2015 2500HD level and tires solved

corso

New here so hello to everyone. Just wanted share after having some trouble finding answers / pics of what I was looking for. I know this topic has been beaten to death but there isn't a lot of concrete info out there.

2015 2500hd 6.0. Had it (almost) leveled with the stock torsion keys. L turned up 2.0" and R turned up 1.5". Would be wise to take a look under your truck if the's new/new to you. Mine, fresh from the facory was riding on the bump stops on one side, and about 5/8's of an inch off the bump stop on the other side. After an "almost" level with the stock keys the ball joint and cv geometry looks good (flat or close to it) and it rides a million times smoother.

// If you're only looking to raise your front a little to fit 33/34" tires try your stock keys first. Be sure to look at your control arm ball joint and front drive axle geometry afterwards. The higher the degree of angle in any of those components the faster they'll wear. That being said, most come stock bottomed out and could benefit from a slight stock torsion key lift //

Just fit 295/70/17 (33.5x11.5) cooper st/maxx on the stock wheels no problem. Not even close to rubbing anywhere. Still has just a bit of rake in the stance as well. (edit) I think I may have bottomed out the stock front shocks once or twice so I'll be looking into extenders or may just invest in some nice adjustable shocks.

Pic added in next post. ...Looks like a truck now and rides much smoother than it did new.

Will upload some pictures in a bit. Very happy with truck!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Pic

looks awesome! Iam going to do the same to my 2015 2500 but with 285/70/17 goodyear duratracs. In your opinion do you think you had to adjust torsions for them to fit in a 295? I havnt personally adjusted my torsions closer to level but my snow plow installer did crank them a little for my plow setup. with that said do you think the level helped with clearence for the wider tire or could a 285 fit without? just courious.... Iam ordering my new tires next week and just want to make sure everything is good before I do...Thanks

The shop I got the tires from was nice enough to fit a few different options to see what would fit.

I had orginally planned on going with 285's after minor adjustment to the stock keys but there was enough room for the 295's so I went with them.

If you're truck is anything like mine the front end was probably riding really low as new. If the stock key adjustment got you an inch or so up front you should definitely have room for 285's or 295's. That being said tires do vary on actual dimensions. Very few are actually the size stamped on the sidewall. Might be worthwhile to review the tire manufacturer's website to determine if the tire runs a little larger or smaller than advertised.

Thanks for the reply, it looks like iam about 1" lower in the front than the rear and with my snowplow raised i squat another 1''... so in the end Iam 2'' lower in the front when its the lowest. I know the shop that ill end up going to most likely wont try different sized tires but I guess it wont hurt to ask. Thanks again!

Archived