2014 4x4 rim question

Right now I have stock 18" rims with stock tires 265-65/18. I believe the stock 18s have a +26 offset. I plan to get a set of KMC Rockstar 2 XD811 rims and keep it stock rim size at 18. In 18s the 2 offsets they offer is 0 and +30. I also plan to just get the stock tires mounted so I don't have to buy new tires. Keeping stock tires I can only assume that the +30 offset should work fine without rubbing since the stockers are a +26 offset. But, I'm wondering if I would be able to run 0 offset with no rubbing with stock size tires and without a level or lift. I would prefer the 0 offset so the tires stick out a little and look more aggressive, but if that will rub I wouldn't care if I had to get the +30 offset.

Does anyone know for sure? Thanks.

I've looked on here and paid attention to other threads and still haven't seen anyone without a level or lift running stock size tires on a 0 or close to 0 offset.

I know about what a 0 offset would look like, but I have seen anyone on this forum or anywhere else that has 0 offset rims with stock size tires without a level or lift kit. So my question was would the rims with 0 offset with stock 265-65/18 tires work without any rubbing on a 2014 stock height 4x4 truck. If not I'll just get the rims with +30 offset.

I am almost positive that they will fit just fine. However, and I don't mean to offend you but a set of off road style wheels like the XD Rockstars look very weird with street tires on them. That is just my .02.

I don't consider XDs as off-road rims, just any other aftermarket rims to me. I'm not into the big flashy bling bling rims that probably look better with street tires to you. When the factory tires wear out I'll probably end up getting tires that are a little more aggressive like BFGs Rugged Terrain, somewhere along those lines. I'm not going to go mudding in a new truck so I'm not going to put aggressive mudding tires on it, I would rather just buy an older truck without a computer for that which would be cheaper than an IFS 6"+ lift.

Archived