Signing off on my Duramax today

They do seem pretty good but I want a less commercial look of the truck. I believe I need 20x9 8x180 wheels. Can anyone tell me if these would fit?

http://truck-tires.pmctire.com/enr/dai-helix-20x9-0-8x180-noir-satine-satin-black-offset-deport12.tire

Mounted, balanced, with tpms, and Open Country ATs $2539 tax in.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Z 71 rims arent very commercial...IMHO

Hey if you want to spend 2500 go ahead.

Discount tire has a site that will tell you if the wheels will fit. Make sure they have the capacity for hauling....some aftermarket wheels are lower capacity.

Avalon

Toyo M/T Open Country. I can't hear them in the cabin, but I was told today, these are loud tires. Super smooth ride! As far as lighting, I would go with a HID kit. If your the considerate type of person, then do the complete HID lens retrofit. I'm running 37 inch tires, 7 inch lift and have minor rubbing. If you're running 35, you won't have any issues. My garage door is 8 feet tall, 24 feet long and my truck sits in the garage.

I wasnt referring to the rims specifically looking commercial. Its a stock white HD truck, it looks like a company vehicle. You think 35's would fit with no rubbing and no lift? I just want to go up to 33's. Trucks going in the shop friday for black bowties, mudflaps, and boxliner.

For some reason im not buying that the MTs would be good for winter driving. Im gonna go BFG KO2

Buy what you want; you will anyway ... BUT, you are the one who asked!

The Toyo M/T (NOT the A/T) have been excellent on our last several rigs - a great snow / mud tire that is not too noisy on the flats until speeds reach 70+ mph.

• 2 weeks later...

Finally decided on rims and tires. We're getting a dump of 8-12 inches of snow today and these Michelin LTXs are really not up to the challenge. I got a great deal on Hankook Dynapro ATM, $225/ea. Canadian Tire has the same tire for $330/ea. they are 285/65r18's which is same size as stock but .8 inches wider. On Mayhem 8090 in matte black. Rims I got for $179/ea. Install will be next week.

Archived