Rostra Backup Camera for 4.2" Mylink

I see where the Rostra model #250-8414-LC is advertised as a plug and play backup camera system that interfaces with the 4.2" Mylink screen. Do any of you have experience with this backup camera system? I would really like to hear of any experience with this system. I am considering buying it.

http://www.rostra.com/2014-2015-silverado-sierra-lcd-screen-camera.php

• 3 weeks later...

I went ahead and ordered the Rostra 250-8414-LC today without any other user information. It is advertised to work with the 4.2" and 8" screen. I purchased it from a dealer in Michigan. I have no association with Bob's Automotive Mirrors. I am just a customer. Bob was excellent in communication and more than willing to discuss various options to get a backup camera system for my truck. I'll report back after I get the system up and running.

Bob's Automotive Mirrors & More LLC

7697 Forest Lawn Road
Three Oaks, MI 49128-9558
219-575-9220

found it on eBay also....

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-2014-2015-Silverado-Sierra-4-2-Screen-Interface-Tailgate-Camera-System-/151491845048?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item23459e1bb8&vxp=mtr

Im curious to find out how this works out keep us up to date on your install. Thanks

Will do. Bob sent me the installation instructions for the Rostra system for the Mylink screen and a system using a Onstar mirror for the screen. The Mylink system appears, on paper, to be a somewhat easier install and I prefer using the Mylink screen. I'll post here when I get it up and running. It will probably sometime next week before I have he system in my hands.

found it on eBay also....

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-2014-2015-Silverado-Sierra-4-2-Screen-Interface-Tailgate-Camera-System-/151491845048?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item23459e1bb8&vxp=mtr

Im curious to find out how this works out keep us up to date on your install. Thanks

Yes, please let us know how it goes. I am considering buying one myself.

I went ahead and ordered the Rostra 250-8414-LC today without any other user information. It is advertised to work with the 4.2" and 8" screen. I purchased it from a dealer in Michigan. I have no association with Bob's Automotive Mirrors. I am just a customer. Bob was excellent in communication and more than willing to discuss various options to get a backup camera system for my truck. I'll report back after I get the system up and running.

7697 Forest Lawn Road
219-575-9220

Any update on this? :) Did it work with the OEM 4.3" screen?

Any update on this? :) Did it work with the OEM 4.3" screen?

I am installing it now. The install is much easier than I thought it would be. However, the instructions for the install of the interface module that connects to the Mylink screen are not very well done. There are more parts included in the kit than you need and there are more open wire connections than you need, but this is not clear from the directions. There is a harness in the kit for a 4.2" and the 8" Mylink screen. It will be obvious which one to use. The loose wires on the Rostra main harness are all outputs & not inputs. Nothing needs to be connected to BCM wiring of the truck. The only splice needed are from the camera to the ACC power and ground of the Rostra main harness. The tailgate camera can be powered from the ACC power output on the Rostra main harness. The Rostra interface module just connects in a loop with the Mylink screen. The reverse trigger comes from the Mylink screen wiring. The power and ground for the Rostra interface module come directly from the Mylink screen wiring. The distance grid on the screen curves as you turn the wheel just as the OEM camera does. It has a three year warranty and appears to be a good product. The install instructions are just very poorly documented. Do not connect any of the Rostra main harness wires to the BCM wires.

• Like 2

how much it cost?? and also i'm canadian and here , seem hard to find where to buy , any idea?

$525 US delivered. Contact Bob's Automotive and see if he can deliver to Canada. Or contact Rostra and ask who their distributors are in Canada.

7697 Forest Lawn Road
219-575-9220

$525 US delivered. Contact Bob's Automotive and see if he can deliver to Canada. Or contact Rostra and ask who their distributors are in Canada.

7697 Forest Lawn Road
219-575-9220

thx for the info . i have a friend who travel often in usa and the price is not too bad

• 1 month later...

Hello...I just picked one of these up and had a question for you about the DIP Switch settings. For the 4.2" screen what did you use? I don't care about the AV switches so I'll have those off, but the instructions make a comment about the Navigation brain calibration on the 4.2. Thanks for the help.

• 2 weeks later...

there is a much better system available in the market, As long as you have the MyLink/Intellilink system already in place there is a slightly less expensive option. This option would be factory and not aftermarket.