GENTLEMAN JIM

Ok here is a weird question that no one from another forum can answer.............

Did GMC make a special package truck?

it was black with gold in the middle and it said Gentleman Jim on the top of the bed..........

maybe this was GMC's way of making a truck like f### has the Harley Davidson model.....

Any thoughts?

Here is what I found on Gentleman Jim.

1975 GMC Gentleman Jim

The 1975 GMC Gentleman Jim was a special edition truck (total production unknown, but I've seen truck serial numbers spanning about 1000 trucks) all of these trucks were optioned almost identically. The Gentleman Jim was only built in 1975 and definitely in limited quantity. The advertising and dealer brochure of the time show that GMC was trying to change the image of their pickups from a rough and tumble teeth rattling work machine to a practical everyday vehicle that could be luxurious and stylish.

The following features were included on all Gentleman Jims:

1/2 ton 2wd long bed GMC Sierra Classic pickup (C15)

Automatic transmission

Special black and gold paint scheme with bodyside moldings (gold painted center stripe) and gold hood stripe decals

"Gentleman Jim" bedside decals

Saddle vinyl interior w/brown carpet

Bucket seats with console

AM/FM 8-track stereo

All weather air conditioning

Power brakes and steering

Full instumentation with tachometer

BFG T/A LR60-15 tires on gold painted rally wheels

Gold grille with bright molding

Tinted glass

Front stabilizer bar

Tilt steering

Custom "Gentleman Jim" floor mats

In addition to the options above, a majority of the Gentleman Jim trucks I've seen have the dealer installed bedrails and driving lights as seen in the brochure below.

Gentleman Jim Brochure

Closed

Open

Back side

My Gentleman Jim

Return to my GMC and Chevrolet Special Edition trucks page.

No problem ryan..........  However......

This is a 1977 ???  ???

Maybe they made a dupe of it or someone tried to pawn one off as that model....  It has red cloth interior.  Other then that fits the bill to a tee.

Also made around that time was a "Beau James"  I think it was the GMC and the "Gentleman Jim" was a Chevrolet.  One of them was a blue and silver and the other was black but I might have them backwards.  You can still see some around every once in a while.  Next one I see I will try and get some more information about them if I can.

The picture of the Gentleman Jim is on the bottom of this page.

Click on the picture of the truck and you will see what Black02Silverado and I found.

Here's the pic,

jim.jpg

The GJ was a GMC.  That's just what my uncle's looked like, except he had a topper on his, and the bed and all was carpeted.

Oh what memories!

I allowed one of my students to use my old beater (1979) Chevy to haul some stuff to our marching band festival.  For the remainder of  that school year....I was given grief off of the students because my truck still had an 8 track player in it.

I still see that truck around town every now and then....it looks pretty bad, but I'll betcha the fellow who has it now does it just like I did...It goes forwards, It  goes backwards, it stops...It'll carry all my crap!

Some  things will never die!

Yeah there is something about thoose old beeaters that are hard to beet the take a  :D  :D and keep on a ticking.....  However stay away from the 1983's......  First year that GM tried to go to a fuel injected carborator.  What A POS......

Archived