Price Paid

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Listen to this 1 hour NPR show - real deal about cars sales & how they work !!! Enjoy this and learn a lot !

http://www.thisamericanlife.org/play_full.php?play=513i

http://www.thisamericanlife.org/radio-archives/episode/513/129-cars

Thanks for the link. Very interesting.

• 4 weeks later...

I am signing papers tommorrow 1/13/15

2015i 2500HD. Silverado

MSR $59765.00

1Lz-LTZ Preferred equipment,

PDF-LTZ package

remote starter

Block heater

Brownstone cocoa Dune interior

Duramax , allison tran 6 psd auto

Plow package

Tow package

DQS Mirrors

Heated seats

8.5 MVP Plow

Bed liner sprayed life time

6" chrome assist steps

Everything for $57882.00....... Everyone so far says "Great Price" I hope so!?!

• 2 weeks later...

+1 Laura Buick GMC. Talk to Jason Welsch. I bought mine back in June (when no local dealers could get any on the lot and weren't negotiating at all). Mine stickered for $64,625. Paid somewhere around $57k for it, and they took my 2010 Denali AWD on trade. Showed me $32.5k for it. I was out of state too and had never purchased a vehicle out of state. Worked smoothly, and saved some $.

I'll buy my next from Jason and Laura Buick GMC. By the way, when none of my local dealers had any on the lot back in June (literally, maybe a couple dealers had one unit and it was sold already), when I showed up at Laura Buick GMC they had two rows of them. Probably 30 in stock, just in Denali HD's with diesel option. Crazy.

• 3 weeks later...

2015 2500HD, LT, Z71, Double Cab, 6.0L, plow and tow package, heated seats. MSRP $47200. Added Auto Armor rust proofing, undercoating, and paint protection, Line-X bed, running boards. Price paid $40125, which includes sales tax in the amount.

• 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...

2015 SLT Crew Cab-NEW

5.3 V8 Z71

Tinted, Spray in, Leveled, Fold-a-Cover w/Hide a box

MSRP: $53,000 before add-ons

$39,000 no adds

out the door $41,7xx

With a long story if you want to read it continue (lol)

It is NOT terrible but they definatly took advantage of the situation. but as others mentioned is what will happen at 0-0.9% is you will loose the incentives. Find you a no haggle, high volume dealer and and wait for the 20% off MSRP. The more volume some dealers sell the better incentives they will get. (or at least it seemed when i bought my truck) I looked around for 8 months. I started trying to find and purchase a used crew cab z71. Went to 2 dealers that had them with under 15k miles and they let me walk offering $42k. the lowest they would go was $44k. Thankfully I found High Volume dealer. Waited on the incentives. But you have to wait on incentives and they are secretive about that. ;) They need you to buy ASAP or they may miss the sell. GM allows so many with huge incentives a month. Where I bought my truck the staff were very professional and honest. Best experience ever buying a vehicle. But heres what happened. I had already been dealing with them on a 2015 SLT "LOADED", AC & Heated seats, Leveling kit, Tinted Windows, Spray in bed liner, Fold a Cover with box and changing the step bars because Im not a fan of the floor board style running boards. (This is how I told them i wanted the truck when I left the lot). Out the door the lowest the dealer would get was $44k+. I was sticking to my $42k no matter what. I was paying cash and did not wnat to finance a cent. Needless to say- No new car that day, but i told them to PLEASE call me if they had a change of heart and any other incentives wee offered. 10 days later I was showing a friend their web site and they had 4 trucks at the price I offered with enough room to get my extras...WHAT? they didnt call or tell me when i have already offered them more than what they are asking for them on the Net right now...Made me a little ill. Especially when i call them and the trucks sold that morming. Yes, I expressed my how I felt about them selling 4 new vehicles to others when i had a open deal offer to them still on the table. Later hat day the salesman I had been working with told me they would be having the same deal on several more in a couple weeks, even told me to go online or come to their dealership pick out which one i wanted so he could make sure with that VIN# to turn it in to GM to get the most ensentives. A little over a week later I got the 2015 out the door with my add-ons for right over $41k. I noticed the other day they have a couple 0f 2016 CREW CAB SLTs at that price.

Just took mine on 12-26.

Had a 2011 F250 King Ranch

Got 2016 2500HD Denali Duramax.

Sticker was 69,6xx, had every option I could get.

Talked to Gen. Manager directly, got it at 61,200

Negotiated my trade to 40k

Out the door with ttl, 23001.

Very happy with my deal.

Archived