2015 Duramax Engine Block Heather

Where and how is everyone running their cord for the heater? I remember my old Ford cord was a lot longer and easily ran to the front lower part of the grill. Should I just attach a small extension cord to the heater cord ?

Any thoughts and ideas would be greatly appreaciated.

BTW, this is for a 2015 Silverado High Country.

I bought a shorter cord that i plug into the block heater cord and hang the new cord out just enough so it doesn,t bounce around and chip the paint on the hood. Had to do the same thing with my 2010. Make sue you secure the two cords so you don,t end up with some phantom rattle or vibration etc later on. How hard would it have been to measure the length needed to run it on top and make it so?

Under sad but true i have had ample opportunity and need to use my block heater cord. Last 3 nights here in Edmonton Alberta have been -20 degrees C.

Also from Edmonton, and also using my block heater the past few nights. Yesterday I tried every possible configuration to get both my Motorcycle and truck in the garage but it just wouldnt work.

Was hoping for a good idea here. I don't like having to open the hood to plug in. Maybe a short extension cord wire tied to the tow hook.

How about something like this? A small bracket and you can mount it where ever you want, or mount it in the air dam or something. I would go this route if I needed it regularly but It is rarely below freezing in Louisiana for any period of time. Just splice what additional cable you need in and you are good to go.

http://www.westmarine.com/buy/marinco--15a-battery-charger-inlet--191991

Archived