Cayenne metallic pictures??

kovs

So why did gm offer it then not build any? New 6.2 or 8 speed not up to the task?? Hmm

As for going hd. They can't get them either and I don't really want or need a diesel. And the 6L gas isn't in my cards after having my current 6.2 with max tow

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They're not likely to explain the delay externally. (lots of things happen during launch/ramp up - could be programming, differentials for the higher torque, etc)

Max tow ratio would be easier on the engine and trans.

(GM powertrain rates the 8L90 for up to 738 ft-lb, so there is LOTS of cushion there.)

What did you mean about the HD's?

Dealer had 2-3 on lot in dec/jan. Had 30-40 on order and was getting like 1 a week if they were lucky. Most were white or black and black int. if I'm writing the cheque it will be what I want- kinda fussy even tho it's just a truck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It was my understanding if the combo kovs ordered was an option in Dec, it should have been honored.

Am I wrong?

The issue has turned out to be that the factory stopped using cayenne before it started building 6.2 NHT.

If the truck was ordered with 6.2, cayenne, non-NHT he would likely have it. If it was a 5.3 NHT cayenne, he would likely have it.

They are just now week (Mar23) building the first 6.2 NHT's. The stopped painting cayenne in the last week of Jan 2015.

The 2015 6.2/8spd's that have been delivered so far are not Max tow. Some (dropped max tow from the order so that the truck would be built sooner than the tentative Jan 2015 dates that were being given (and it now seems did not happen til last week of march).

• 1 month later...

No one else is posting...so I will

20150518_164117.jpg

My 2nd windshield. 3rd scheduled next week :(

20150417_135203.jpg

Out front, ripping all landscaping out with the truck and re-doing it all. It was def time.

20150425_143150.jpg

I finally got around to Plastidipping my wheels. I had the cans for a while and finally had a little extra time while cutting the grass to do the job. I did 4 coats. I think it came out pretty good. Washed the wheels prior, taped off the valve, applied index cards around the wheel and sprayed away.

20150525_173413.jpg

Needs level and tires now!!!! Dammit....forgot to remove the front valance!!!!

20150526_100139_001.jpg

Well, I wont be posting in ANY color thread after the next couple of weeks. I am getting it vinyl wrapped for our company. I have a few ideas with our logo thrown on a few design contest sites. I have seen a few and they are looking sweet...but I will def miss my color...

Edited by J-man67

• 3 years later...

First real wash in a while and added a level kit, add a leaf and shocks. Did a bunch of other maintenance. Removed the plastidip. The color still pops! Love it! fdca1e95d13577d539ee6737e2a731bf.jpg3924fb401220869a71dd32c05fdf8aaa.jpg

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk