Official 2.8L "Baby" Duramax Diesel Horsepower/Torque figures

Zane

2012_Colorado_Thailand25.jp.jpg

By Zane Merva
Executive Editor, GM-Trucks.com
11/20/2014

General Motor's 2.8L Duramax Diesel will produce 181-horsepower at 3,400-rpm & 369 lb-ft of torque at 2,000-rpm when it goes on sale next year as an optional engine for the 2016 Chevrolet Colorado and GMC Canyon..

The company released the official power figures at the LA Auto Show this week as part of the Colorado ZR2 Concept's unveiling. The smaller "baby" Duramax is rumored to be eventually paired with GM's new 8-speed transmission but may start attached to a 6-speed.

With close to 400 lb-ft of torque, the new mid-size Colorado and Canyon are expected to have full-size-pickup-like capacity when equipped with the new 2.8L diesel engine. GM-Trucks.com will have more information on the new diesel as it becomes available.

How about a V4?

Heck no! An I5 or an I6 would be torque monsters!

If it takes off in the Colorado's I suspect a V6 Diesel will make it's way to the full sized trucks.

They already have a baby V8 diesel ready for production on 1/2 ton full size. A 4.5L if I remember right.

Is that really that much big news? 2013 Trailblazer had and still have this engine.

Where are you located? The Trailblazer hasn't been sold in America for years and it never had a diesel.

Archived