What length wiper blades

I have a 06 GMC 2500HD. What is right length of wiper blades. I have 22" now and drivers side hits window trim on left side windshield but does go back to bottom of windshield. Is there a adjustment on swipe of blades

or are these too long ? It drives me nuts. The right side works fine. Thanks for any help.

At the base of the wiper arm is a black plastic cap, remove, then losen the bolt, the arm will be free to reposition, note this arm and post has no grooves or ridges, just a tight fit made to slip if it jams( vs striping like the older model types had), then rettighten ...

snow & ice can make them slip a litle so readjustment may be needed every so often ...

How do you do this? Thanks

Steve

I disagree with the quote of cosmic Charlie above .

Yes remove the 13 mm nut , wiggle the arm off of the wiper transmission post ,

Always do this in the park position ( off)

Lay the wiper arm on the post and level with the bottom of the windshield , never adjust it at the A pillar ,

There is nothing wrong with putting on a smaller blade , it'll be a 1/2" difference at each end for a 21" blade ,

And wiper arms don't need to adjusted periodically, hogwash imo of course

I disagree with the quote of cosmic Charlie above .

Yes remove the 13 mm nut , wiggle the arm off of the wiper transmission post ,

Always do this in the park position ( off)

Lay the wiper arm on the post and level with the bottom of the windshield , never adjust it at the A pillar ,

There is nothing wrong with putting on a smaller blade , it'll be a 1/2" difference at each end for a 21" blade ,

And wiper arms don't need to adjusted periodically, hogwash imo of course

I don't believe that either. Not sure about these newer trucks, but my 98 it's just a gear at the end where you slide the arm onto so it won't slip and it had a notch so you can only put it on in one position. That was also easy as hell to take off, just a clip that you slide up and then the arm just comes right off. I'm pretty sure the newer trucks have it similar or some other way to make it not get out of alignment.

I don't believe that either. Not sure about these newer trucks, but my 98 it's just a gear at the end where you slide the arm onto so it won't slip and it had a notch so you can only put it on in one position. That was also easy as hell to take off, just a clip that you slide up and then the arm just comes right off. I'm pretty sure the newer trucks have it similar or some other way to make it not get out of alignment.

Ya those older trucks where idiot proof , newer ones have no "key" just splines

Ya those older trucks where idiot proof , newer ones have no "key" just splines

I knew they came off easy, but I didn't see the notch to line it up with until I thought the driver side was higher than the passenger side when down so I was going to rotate it. I guess it was supposed to be like that, never bothered me just figure I give it a shot and then find out it was only one way it could slide on.

Archived