heated seats

anyone have any experience installing an aftermarket heated seat kit in their trucks? I have OEM leather seats in my 2014 silverado however id really like to have heated seats as well. Any advice on a good kit to get and how to go about it?

Any help would be great!

ive heard the wiring for the OEM harnesses are all behind the dash but no one has really confirmed it.

you would still need the elements, switches, dash cover plate, and i believe there is some sort of module.

tagged for interest, im adding heated seats next summer.

well i can confirm that AT LEAST the harness is there for heated switches as when i pulled my radio surround i have the harnesses plugged into "dummy" plugs on the back of the radio surround where the switches would be had the truck came equipped with the heated option.

IMHO (and im not a mechanic) i dont see why it wouldnt be, essentially the heat elements are just a positive and a negative wire, the design of the switch shouldnt matter all that much, plus i know GM has done design changes for them over the years, specifically the cadillac CTS ones were sewn into the leather covers, when they were to be replaced the instructions were to remove seat covers and cut open the old heat element and use it like a pocket for the new one, cut off the old wires and then duct tape it closed then attach the new wires. (the more i think about it i really basically took that entire car apart)

also, for our trucks there are 2 types of OEM button designs, one is heat only and one is heat and cool, obviously we would need the heat only ones.

i did see a sierra on ebay with aftermarket heated and leather seats, the aftermarket switches didnt look bad, but ide rather go OEM otherwise ide probably mount them on the front of the seat or inside the change compartment to hide them. i just dont like the idea of drilling switches into the dash.

i may even just go with whatever heated seat kit katzkins sells , im also adding Katzkins leather at the same time, just not a fan of big projects in the cold, and the truck doesnt fit in my garage.

I'm taking the OEM heating system out of my 14' SLT and trying to replace with OEM heating/AC seat system in a week or so. Will try and provide more info then. Oh and I will be selling all of the OEM heating parts if anyone is interested :P So if it works, keep on the look out in the for sale section lol

I'm taking the OEM heating system out of my 14' SLT and trying to replace with OEM heating/AC seat system in a week or so. Will try and provide more info then. Oh and I will be selling all of the OEM heating parts if anyone is interested :P So if it works, keep on the look out in the for sale section lol

Sierra with aluminum dash??

very interested.

also, isnt the cooled seats on the sierra a vent fan? extremely interested in this process, please take pics and do a write up.

please keep me in mind when the time comes to sell yours.

Sierra with aluminum dash??

very interested.

also, isnt the cooled seats on the sierra a vent fan? extremely interested in this process, please take pics and do a write up.

Cooled/heated seats are done via a thermal peltier system. A system that produces heat on one side, cold on the other. With a fan blowing the cool air out for cooled setting and reversing and blowing out heated air for heat setting.

please keep me in mind when the time comes to sell yours.

Will do!

Archived