Prapairing my spare for winter and findings

This suburban is an 02, the spare has never came off, i cannot believe how easy it came down and im in illinois. People say they have problems but to me this was easier than removing from a trunk. I had the spare out in literally 1 minute with no experience. The hardest part was using the hand jack because it took so long to raise the vehicle. The spare is a 265/75/16. My tires are 265/70/17's. Will the spare fit correctly? I read some members spares will not fit. The tire was at 0 psi and atm i am filling it to the proper 35 psi. I am very happy with the design and the long extension tools it makes for a very safe roadside tire change. My only question is how is this jack supposed to go back together? It has that small metal hook and that black tightener, i believe when i pulled the jack out of the cubby it was on an angle on the chocks

I hate the system gm designed. I ended up putting my spare In my bed and using a town strap to strap it down.

Ended up having to cut mine down with a dremel tool. Not fun.

I hate the system gm designed. I ended up putting my spare In my bed and using a town strap to strap it down.

Ended up having to cut mine down with a dremel tool. Not fun.

How come you cut it? Would it not lower?

How come you cut it? Would it not lower?

I searched high and low and there wasnt any of the tools needed to remove the spare. Short of buying an oem tool I had no way to get it down so I just cut the cord and off she came.

I like this way better though. Will make things much easier to do once I get a flat.

I have tested mine and it won't come down. Gets stuck on the safety latch.

Messed with it twice and couldn't get it down so I have resorted to if I need it to cut it down. Or since I have road side, call them and let them deal with it. Not that I would possibly want to use it anyways.

Being in MN that thing is rusty.

Archived