Chrome Z71 4x4 Emblem

I thought about it, but I'm picky with some things and would only get them if the Z was also cut out like the 71 so it shows the black. I also wondered how they would look on the bed in place of the decals but they would probably look too small for that area of the bed. I'll probably just leave all that alone, especially since I would be worried about not getting both lined up perfect (OCD).

I thought about it, but I'm picky with some things and would only get them if the Z was also cut out like the 71 so it shows the black. I also wondered how they would look on the bed in place of the decals but they would probably look too small for that area of the bed. I'll probably just leave all that alone, especially since I would be worried about not getting both lined up perfect (OCD).

I have that too! (OCD).

I have that too! (OCD).

Ya the OCD was killing me when I first got the truck and didn't have dual exhaust on it. But, it's fixed now with a Flowmaster Super 44 and tips coming behind each back tire. It of course also fixed the Prius like factory sound the truck had. It's an understatement that I was pissed that 4 bangers with stock exhaust was louder than mine lol.

Anyone ever put these on a Silverado?

2014-GMC-Sierra-SLT-4X4-Z71-4X4-Badge-Do

I ordered one for another project, and although it is a genuine GM part, the Z is smooth like the X on 4x4. The ones on the truck have the horizontal ribs like your picture. I'm guessing they have their production parts made by a different vendor than they use for service parts.

Just wanted you to be aware.

I ordered one for another project, and although it is a genuine GM part, the Z is smooth like the X on 4x4. The ones on the truck have the horizontal ribs like your picture. I'm guessing they have their production parts made by a different vendor than they use for service parts.

Just wanted you to be aware.

I think they changed that in the middle of the '14 production, I may be wrong but I believe that's what happened.

I didn't use that particular emblem from the Sierra, but I did use the smaller one that just says "4X4". The Z71 4x4 trucks don't indicate anywhere that it is a 4 wheel drive, so I thought I would remedy that.

• 1 year later...

Soooo where can I get this? And don't tell me, "the dealership." There is somewhere else I can get it without having to pay $80.00.

Tons of them online and on ebay even available in different colors/camo/etc. Some are OEM and some are knockoff but you can figure most of them out by the prices. Also some of the online dealers have better prices than the $80 MSRP (I buy a lot from this place http://www.trunkmonkeyparts.com/ they are an actual Chevy dealer with an online store).

I thought about doing this but my main concern is getting caught on a "raised" emblem since it's so near the tailgate (many times I reach over the side of the bed in that area to get things). I am also considering a chrome decal that is still flat but most of the vinyl shops I talked to said the material is not very durable and may fade quickly.

Prefer the OEM version, i.e. the rear quarter panel decal version with the red "Z" that matches the grille emblem and speedometer emblems. Anything else stands out as an aftermarket stick-on.

I didn't use that particular emblem from the Sierra, but I did use the smaller one that just says "4X4". The Z71 4x4 trucks don't indicate anywhere that it is a 4 wheel drive, so I thought I would remedy that.

My 2 cents - The Avalanches' Z71 emblems say either Z71 or "Z71 4x4" because they were provided in 2WD or 4WD versions. Seems the Silverados/Sierras use "Z71 OFF ROAD" only because indicating 4x4 status is unnecessary and would be redundant since only 4x4, not 2WD, vehicles are suitable for off-road use. That's why the Z71 version is offered only on 4WD Silverados and say Z71 Off Road and not Z71 4x4.

My 2 cents - The Avalanches' Z71 emblems say either Z71 or "Z71 4x4" because they were provided in 2WD or 4WD versions. Seems the Silverados/Sierras use "Z71 OFF ROAD" only because indicating 4x4 status is unnecessary and would be redundant since only 4x4, not 2WD, vehicles are suitable for off-road use. That's why the Z71 version is offered only on 4WD Silverados and say Z71 Off Road and not Z71 4x4.

2016 is the first year that Z71 only come as 4x4 in the Silverado. 2015 and older you could get a 2wd Z71. And to me off-road is also about ground clearance. And how the handle the bumps, and Z71 comes with on upgraded shock and I believe skid plates.

Archived