Anyone else tired of seeing GM's getting bashed in comparison arti

Hi all,

And again just read an article comparing Gm, Ford and Dodge and seems everything goes against the GM. First of all they tested in high altitude and both the Ford and Dodge are turbo-ed engines which will give them an advantage. And not only that, even if the GM was faster in a test the person in the article kept on mentioning how slower it felt than others so it still loses.

Just something I have to get off my chest: Throttle response is not equal power! No one who uses a truck to do any kind of work wants one who will start spinning as you touch the gas pedal on any moderately slippery surface.

Here is the article I just read: http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/trucks/1501_comparison_2015_ford_f_150_vs_ram_1500_chevrolet_silverado/specs.html

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ford is just 5 yr/60 - they are gunna miss the boat not following suit imho

BASIC WARRANTY 3 yrs/36,000 miles 3 yrs/36,000 miles 3 yrs/36,000 miles

POWERTRAIN WARRANTY 5 yrs/100,000 miles 5 yrs/60,000 miles 5 yrs/100,000 miles

I love my GMC didn't care for the ram or ford when I test drove. My buddy just got a silverado just like my GMC because he liked my gmc so much and that's a damn nice truck.

I get disgusted with all of the K2XX fan boys bashing of the GMT900 generation more so the owners of another make bashing GM trucks. Gentlemen, they are not the best thing since sliced bread, nor are they "light years" better. They might as well as called them GMT950's..

What a goofy article. It slams the GM because while it performs well, and data shows it, it "feels" slower. Gimme a break! These trucks are quiet and perform well , that's the "surprise," they are going faster than it feels like because it's a quality vehicle.

After thinking about it I think I know why there are so many negative reviews.

Writers, and the media in general, are all about sensationalism. Ford uses turbos on a V-6 to power a truck. Now an all aluminum body. The Dodge has a hemi or now a new diesel. That give them "news." G.M. just uses a very reliable pushrod V-8 that. Nothing new about that. The body looks a lot like previous generations. They look great maybe even "classic. That just ain't newsworthy. Great trucks but these guys don't sell trucks they sell magazines, and G.M. doesn't give them the sensational, latest and groundbreaking stuff to write about. Our trucks just run and run and are comfortable and do the job every day. Kind of like the guys who drive them. Not much to write about but they get the job done every day.

Writers, and the media in general, are all about sensationalism. Ford uses turbos on a V-6 to power a truck. Now an all aluminum body. The Dodge has a hemi or now a new diesel. That give them "news." G.M. just uses a very reliable pushrod V-8 that. Nothing new about that. The body looks a lot like previous generations. They look great maybe even "classic. That just ain't newsworthy. Great trucks but these guys don't sell trucks they sell magazines, and G.M. doesn't give them the sensational, latest and groundbreaking stuff to write about. Our trucks just run and run and are comfortable and do the job every day. Kind of like the guys who drive them. Not much to write about but they get the job done every day.

Maybe that's true.

Personal preferences of the testers may play a role too.

But numbers don't lie. When you look at the charts the Chevy just averages. Could be due to the gear ratio.

Personally I would rather drive a truck with a 5.7 V8 180 HP/ 300 ft/lbs than a 2.7 quadra turbo with 500 HP. Don't ask why. I can't explain. Just because.

so long

j-ten-ner

It's Motor Trend/Truck Trend, I follow them fairly regular, they are all for Ram trucks, Chrysler must pay them good, take what they have to say with a grain of salt.

I'm mxer536 in the comments off that article. I just gave up with ask the crap people post trying to get them to see how that test was complete and utter bs. Not even a decent comparison imo. Oh well, my truck suits what I need,besides in sure 99%of the people who read and write that stuff dint even have to put their hard earned money towards one, they just like to talk about em and bash what they think they don't like.

Sounds like a winning statement to me!!!

The articles almost always award the newest thing. Plus most of them don't know crap about trucks- they complain that the GM always tries to get to top gear- ALL automatics do that. I've used M4/M5 at lower speeds since I test drove the truck before buying it.

As for this line- Sure, if you floor it, it books, but how often does the typical owner do that?

All the damn time. :lol:

Archived