Called Cheyenne in Mexico

Ya it's been like that since at least the GMT900s. Cheyenne was an old trim level when it wasn't just Silverado, the model name was actually the trim level. My old 86 was a Custom Deluxe. They also had Silverado, Cheyenne and Scottsdale.

Ya it's been like that since at least the GMT900s. Cheyenne was an old trim level when it wasn't just Silverado, the model name was actually the trim level. My old 86 was a Custom Deluxe. They also had Silverado, Cheyenne and Scottsdale.

I still think those names are more marketable than the LS/LT 1 - 2 - 3 variants.

If you look around the various forums, people posting will say they bought a Laramie or King Ranch truck.

Somehow, LT2 just does not have the same ring to it. GM could still do optioned variants of the 3 names highlighted with a High Country at the top end.

Too note, not comparing trucks, just the names they use to market them. Trucks are

different. They should have left that LT stuff with the Impala/Malibu car lines if it works there.

When I was shopping for a Silverado before landing my Sierra, I mulled replacing the Silverado emblems with Cheyenne lettering. But what I find far more interesting is that in Mexico, one can buy a W/T-grade regular cab K2xx Silverado with -- GASP -- a manual transmission!

http://soloautos.mx/usados/auto/chevrolet-silverado_1500-2014-blanco/880354

Okay, so this probably is NOT shocking to some here, but I still find it fascinating to see the modern K2 interior combined with three pedals and a lanky shift lever...

When I was shopping for a Silverado before landing my Sierra, I mulled replacing the Silverado emblems with Cheyenne lettering. But what I find far more interesting is that in Mexico, one can buy a W/T-grade regular cab K2xx Silverado with -- GASP -- a manual transmission!

http://soloautos.mx/usados/auto/chevrolet-silverado_1500-2014-blanco/880354

Okay, so this probably is NOT shocking to some here, but I still find it fascinating to see the modern K2 interior combined with three pedals and a lanky shift lever...

Doesn't really surprise me since people are getting lazier and at the same time wanting to do so much at once like talk and text on the phone and other things. My first vehicle/truck was manual and I got it when I was 17 and I prefer manual over auto, even for a daily driver. But, my 2nd/last truck (98 Silverado) it was scarce to find one with a manual and when you do it's either run to the ground or not for sale. So I've almost given up on trying to find manuals in trucks now. But, if I ever get a muscle car (modern or classic) it will be manual no matter what.

I still think those names are more marketable than the LS/LT 1 - 2 - 3 variants.

If you look around the various forums, people posting will say they bought a Laramie or King Ranch truck.

Somehow, LT2 just does not have the same ring to it. GM could still do optioned variants of the 3 names highlighted with a High Country at the top end.

Too note, not comparing trucks, just the names they use to market them. Trucks are

different. They should have left that LT stuff with the Impala/Malibu car lines if it works there.

Total agreement

Archived