Rear turn signal failure

I have a 2014 Silverado and recently had a rear turn/tail/brake light bulb go out and I have searched everywhere for a 7444 bulb for replacement and only found led replacements. When I replaced it with and led bulb I get a blinker failure message and then the lights rapidly blink. I have tried a decoder and that did nothing. Anyone know where to get 7444 replacement bulbs besides maybe the dealership?

I just did a quick search on Advance Auto's website, and they're showing a 7443 bulb. Is it possible to try that one to replace your bulb?

The LED replacement you put in has a lower resistance value vs the stock incandescent bulb so your truck think it's "burned out" and that's why you are getting a quick blinking problem. You either have to add a ballast resistor to make up for the resistance or find a different bulb to put back in the socket.

You will need resistors in parallel to the wire, from my LED conversion to stock housing was the green one of the 3 wires.

Each bulb you use LED you will need a resistor for it.

One end goes on the ground wire and the other goes to green for the resistor.

If it is for the front, I am not sure about the colors, but same thing, need resistors!

In my book and on the bulb shows 7444 but I believe 7443 will work as well. The only 7444 and 7443 bulbs I can find are amber colored. I tried a led decoder but it did not work so I ordered resistors. I will see if they work.

One end of the resistor to black, ome end of the resistor to green

Gree is the positive for signal, black is ground, wjite is positive for just the constand power for back lights which dont need resistor

I recommand 55W if you can find them, 35W might be a little dark when the interior lights are at full. (If you have projector lens anyway, some silverado does not have them, please check!)

my fogs are: http://www.ebay.com/itm/131296739342?item=131296739342&viewitem=&sspagename=ADME:X:AAQ:MOTORS:1123&vxp=mtr

1150 LM, super bright, only got flashed like once though. slightly harder to wedge in because of the gasket design of these bulb type

• 2 months later...

Archived