Nitto 200-820 Terra Grappler post opinions

No Tyme

I am installing a level/lift by RC and these are on my short list (Nitto 200-820 Terra Grappler 275/65R20). To those of you who run these tires let me know what you think. I certainly don't want loud tires but like the idea that I could get 70,000 miles or more out of a set and looking to get into 34" diameter tires.

Nitto.jpg

70k miles? Out of Terra's? I've run 2 sets of those. Both were great tires and I got rid of them before they were spent but they were tracking closer to 40-50 k mile life IMO.

I was skeptical about the reviews that I have read telling of 70,000 miles or more from a set of these tire. I have been goggling Nitto 200-820 Terra Grappler tires and reading reviews so I thought before I spend $1200 on a set of tires I need more comments. Thank!!! Anyone else?

I was looking at the new G2 and they look good. I like the XL area load rating. Other tire I was considering also has an XL load rating in a P size was the Cooper AT3. Both have similar stats but since neither are on tire rack....hard to compare performance against others.

I've got the original TG's on my landcruiser in 295/75 16. They are wearing well after 20,000 miles. Really quiet. I don't "off-road" but do spend a lot of time in the mountains during the winter at the cabin a new home job sites. Great traction in deep and packed snow. Do fine in reasonable mud. I liked them enough to put the g2's on my Sierra.

I've only had the G2's for 1,000 miles. I've got the factory 17's and run 285/75 17. There is no noticeable tire noise cruising @ 75mph on the freeway. Quiet around town even with the windows down. Same traits on the snow, ice, mud mix the 4 days I've been in the mountains.

The G2's have two different sidewall designs. I've got the "blade" side out. It's definately a more aggressive look than the thunder bolts.

IMG_2523_zpsb1ff5784.jpg

IMG_2510_zpsf1192a18.jpg

I am on my 3rd set of TG, a set on my current truck and the last two trucks. They wear decent as said, the only bad I have seen from them is wet (rain) traction. Other than that they do great in the dry and very well in the snow. They don't howl much at all when they start to wear.

I hope I'm not hijacking and this will help the OP also, but where can I find the weights listed on the Nitto tires? Everywhere I have seen them the weight is never listed.

I'm quite curious too. Has your mpg changed?

Also, rain traction is pretty high on my list. Anyone else have rain experience with these tires?

Archived