Duratrac LT vs non LT

EaZ8

im looking at possibly getting the Duratrac tires but i havent decided on the size yet.

285/60/20 is a LT tire and 275/60/20 is not a LT tire but has a higher speed rating.

what does the LT offer that the non LT doenst?

i cant find this anywhere on their site.

the 275's are about $150 a tire cheaper...and if i buy this week i get 25% off plus $100 rebate

• 4 weeks later...

would be on a 2014 sierra 1500. minimal towing and minimal offroading, but when she goes offroading it will be in sketchy areas.

The LT'S have a higher ply count, meaning their load range is higher. With that the price goes up, and the ride quality goes down. You will probably be ok with the basic Duratracs, but for an extra measure of protection, go with the LT rated Duratracs.

Honestly, with all the complaints of Duratracs wearing fast, and noise levels going up substantially as they wear out, I would look at a different tire.

The Cooper S/T Maxx is a very good tire, a wicked tire actually. Also, look at the Toyo AT2 or even the new Toyo R/T. I have found in the past that Toyo tires are made so damn well, they require very little weight to balance them, and they never vibrate. Their quality is insane really.

Still loving my Cooper AT/3 LT tires. Again, the LT will weigh more, cause a 1-3 mpg drop but you don't have to worry as much for punctures. I've also ran the Toyo m/t and a/t which were great tires too HTH.

How much did the LT tire change the ride quality? I'm looking at the Cooper AT3 but I'm not sure I want the LT. I like the stock ride and i don't want an LT tire if it makes the ride too firm.

Thanks.

Archived