Tupperware Fenders

I decided to hand wash my new truck by hand , something I NEVER do. While drying with a cloth and rubbing just a little harder trying to remove a little residue,

I thought my whole front fender was going to cave in! I mean how THIN is the metal on these things? This thing flexed like a Tupperwear lid.

What ever you do , I would not lean up on your new truck. Here in South Tennessee if you don't have a fat girl or two sittin' on your truck it just isn't a party.

What the hell is the world comin' to? :dunno:

FatChicks.jpg:cheers:

NOW! ITS A PARTY!!!

People want MPG, err gov't wants MPG, GM wants more profit, its a perfect combo, thinner panels are light for MPG and cheaper panels gives GM executives more $$ to line their bill folds with.

Watch the tailgate. I got in a habit with my Dakota to push/shove my trailer around to get the hitch lined up by placing my shoulder against the tailgate and pushing with my foot on the trailer.

Did this with the GMC first time, just so happens that my shoulder lines up with the top bend in the tailgate just above the handle when I do this. Yep, dented it real good. VERY obvious. Got a nice little crease in the tailgate now. :(

In this case the new trucks are your run of the mill crapper-ware. Sheet metal so thin it makes me feel that a beer can is just as strong. I've got a few dents down the side of my bed from grabbing things out and apparently putting more then 2lbs of pressure onto it.

It would be nice for someone to do a strength, lean, dent test on a current generation truck with thin high strength steel vs the all aluminum F150.

Rumor is GM will be going to aluminum in the near future. Fiat / Dodge / RAM will be sticking with high strength steel.

Archived