2014 silverado v6 cold air intake

I haven't seen the V6 in a K2, but I would figure that the V6's throttle body would be further back towards the firewall than the V8s. You couldn't make a V8 intake kit to work but you will have to figure out how to extend the tube further back. Even if you have to make a trip to get a piece of PVC pipe.

I guess this is for looks? Probably zero performance gains due to how well the factory box flows. Get a mid pipe if you want more wooshing noise

I thought about an air intake kit but seeing that the stock paper filter can go 45,000 miles before needing to be changed I don't see any need for a full intake kit. I plan on an Airaid MIT tube and I'm hoping that will give a little better throttle response for not being restrictive. I had a K&N intake kit on my old 98 and I did feel that the throttle response was better, but I'm thinking and hoping that could have just been the tube and not as much because of the filter as some people claim. I know you can't feel the handful of HP they claim, just less restrictive tube from the filter to the throttle body. I didn't have any problems with the oiled K&N filter but I know if it's over oiled it can cause problems and I've read that dry filters don't stop dirt and dust like they should. So that's the reason I plan on just the tube instead of a whole kit. I'm not even going to get a performance drop in filter.

I've measured the difference on how far the 4.3 engine sits back vs the 5.3. I have the 4.3 and was looking at ordering the Airraid MIT kit for the 5.3 and giving it a shot. Just from my basic measuring from the inside of the front engine bay to the throttle body on both, the 4.3 sits about an inch further back. My Dad works for the GM engine plant here in North Tonawanda and had him ask an engineer to verify that the throttle body on the V6 is slightly smaller in diameter, I don't have exact specs though.

• 3 weeks later...

I dont really have any part numbers. I just ordered the Airraid MIT Intake Tube designed for the 2014 Silverado 5.3 engine. Needed a 4 inch to 3 inch intake coupler, I went to my local Pep Boys to buy one, but you could order it online as well. Then because the Airraid Intake tube has two holes to vent the valve covers on the 5.3 where the 4.3 only uses one vent. So I went to my local hardware store and bought a 1/2 inch PVC Plug and used that to close the hole I wouldn't be using, but just screwing the PVC plug into it. I did do a small write up with pictures about the install as well.

• 3 years later...