Has anyone removed the hitch from their new Silverado or Sierra?

Ive been thinking of doing this because my Silverado is the Rally Edition and its more of a sport truck instead of a work truck and I will never use the hitch to start with.

Has anyone removed theirs and if you have can you see the spare tire hanging down from the back if you look at your truck from the rear?

I'd just leave it, what do you gain by removing it? It's nearly unnoticeable, I do use mine, its nice for pulling out bushes or friends cars stuck in ditches etc.

If you really look at it, you see more of the tire anyways. They do a really good job of hiding the hitch now. All you really see is the square tube that you put the receiver in and then where you hook up the safety chains. So really there wouldn't be much of a difference, you'll just see a tad more tire. If it was me I'd just leave it on, you never know when you'll need it. Plus I know it's a "sport truck" to you, but it's still a big full size truck. Maybe if it was a regular cab short bed truck then it wouldn't matter as much. Honestly the Rally Edition isn't sporty, just the graphics and 22" rims (which also come on the Carolina Black Edition). If your truck only came lowered, 2wd, regular cab and a short bed then it would be sporty and make more sense to remove the hitch, other than that to me it's not that sporty lol.

I say leave it in case you do need it. My old 98 I only towed a trailer once and that was a tandem axle Uhaul trailer. All the other times it was mudding and pulling cars.

If you really look at it, you see more of the tire anyways. They do a really good job of hiding the hitch now. All you really see is the square tube that you put the receiver in and then where you hook up the safety chains. So really there wouldn't be much of a difference, you'll just see a tad more tire. If it was me I'd just leave it on, you never know when you'll need it. Plus I know it's a "sport truck" to you, but it's still a big full size truck. Maybe if it was a regular cab short bed truck then it wouldn't matter as much. Honestly the Rally Edition isn't sporty, just the graphics and 22" rims (which also come on the Carolina Black Edition). If your truck only came lowered, 2wd, regular cab and a short bed then it would be sporty and make more sense to remove the hitch, other than that to me it's not that sporty lol.

I say leave it in case you do need it. My old 98 I only towed a trailer once and that was a tandem axle Uhaul trailer. All the other times it was mudding and pulling cars.

lol...ok

Archived