2007 Silverado - False TPMS Readings on 3 Tires

nakedicarus

A few weeks ago, the TPMS light on my truck came on and the DIC read:

REAR TIRES PSI

LEFT 33 RIGHT 0

I immediately pulled over to check, but all the tires were perfectly inflated. I clicked the DIC button to elimiate the message, but the TPMS light stayed on.

The following day when I turned on the truck, the TPMS light came on immediately, and this time the DIC read that both rear tires were under-inflated (I checked again and they were fine).

A few days later it started giving false readings about the front left tire too. It has remained the same ever since, the DIC will randomly display false PSI readings while driving. If I reset it (while driving), the DIC will go back to the mileage display for a while, then a few minutes later it will go back to the false display of 3 out of the 4 tires. It has never mentioned anything about the front right tire. The TPMS idiot light has been permanently on since the issues began.

It is extremely distracting and annoying, I've searched the web and haven't found anyone having the same issues.

Last thing I'll mention is that when it was about 2 years old, the dealer fixed the "Service TPMS System" failure under warranty and had been fine until two weeks ago.

tpmsfail_zps446c21a7.jpg

Original owner, bone stock, 79K miles.

Rocky7years_zpsc552cbd9.png

Get a local tire shop with a good sensor reader to check the battery levels of your sensors, sounds like they are about to die completely. The batteries are now 7-8 years old in them and around the max life span. They are not replaceable and the only way to fix them if it is the battery levels is replacement sensors. Have you done anything recently to the truck that would mess with the TPMS antennae or cause it interference?

Get a local tire shop with a good sensor reader to check the battery levels of your sensors, sounds like they are about to die completely. The batteries are now 7-8 years old in them and around the max life span. They are not replaceable and the only way to fix them if it is the battery levels is replacement sensors. Have you done anything recently to the truck that would mess with the TPMS antennae or cause it interference?

I will look for a tire shop that has a sensor reader. But 3 out of 4 sensors failing at the same time?

I have not done any modifications or recent repairs other than oil changes.

Plugged in a new cell phone charger, or ANY electrical device anywhere?

Only a Belkin USB adapter in one of the dash outlets, but I've had it for over 1 year with no issues, and I only push it in all the way (to where it makes contact) when I'm charging my phone, which is on very rare occasions.

Only a Belkin USB adapter in one of the dash outlets, but I've had it for over 1 year with no issues, and I only push it in all the way (to where it makes contact) when I'm charging my phone, which is on very rare occasions.

USB adapters have been known to interfere with TPMS and wireless remote functions. However in your case if it is not plugged in, it can't be the problem. Would have been an easy, cheap fix though if it was.

Archived