New IA member - Have aftermarket camera issue.

Hello everyone. I am new to this site and have already seen a ton of great info being shared here. This is a great tool to have. I have a 2008 Silverado LT. I recently purchased an aftermarket wireless reverse camera. The truck did not have one from the factory. Tapping in to the reverse lights at the rear for the camera is pretty easy, but what is the best place for screen power? I have seen a few threads, and am curious if anyone has tried the wire for reverse lights out of the BCM? What about a fuse tap somewhere? Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated. THX!

According to Chilton, that's the color of wire in and out of the body control module. Did you tap in before or after the BCM? Thanks for the input.

I think this is after the BCM. It was just easier to access than the BCM. I released the terminal from the connector, X10, cavity 8, then soldered the wire to the crimped portion of the terminal. Then reinstalled the terminal into the connector.

Hey Zebrafive thanks for the info but I did not think I would have the patience for that process. I ended up using a fuse tap on the trailer light fuse under the hood. Big pain in the butt running that wire through the main grommet. In hind sight, your way may have been easier. Either way install was a success. Thank again!

Archived