My short list of questions/issues

Hi all!

OK, I have 2,500 miles on my new 2015 Silverado LTZ 4x4 now and have a few things.

1. Does this truck model actually exist? I know, funny question, but has anyone else seen that trying to find the "2015 Silverado 1500" in many web sites results in nothing. Heck, even the GM run My Link web site doesn't show it. Lots of '15 2500/3500's but the 1500 doesn't seem to be important to accessory sites. Sure, the 2014 is identical, except a few minor updates. Just funny that this model seems to be incognito or something...

2. I seem to be having problems with my heated seats. I've owned a few GMs before, including trucks that the heated seats would warm during the remote start if the temp was cold enough. It was 14 degrees F the other day. The seats did not heat up during the warm up after remote starting. They work just fine otherwise. Anyone seen this issue?

3, I'm worried about the "checkered" pattern I have in my side windows. Mostly at the top, but the depth and amount depends on the sun angle. I saw the before I bought the truck, but it didn't seem like that big of a problem. Since I've driven the truck a bit, the checkered pattern is starting to bother me. I sometimes see this while driving and it startles me as if something is in my periferial vision that I should be concerned about. I even had it seem to block my side mirrors if the light is just right. I only see it when the sun hits the window just right, other times you can't see it at all. But it is becoming bothersome. Anyone have any input on this issue?

4. MyLink... Before I posted that I could not get Siri on my iPhone to work with MyLink. Well I finally got it to work. Not sure if it was not working before and finally started to work, or if I was just doing it wrong. But, if you hold the "talk" button on the steering wheel long enough, Siri will beep that she's ready for you to talk. This works either in Bluetoof mode or plugged in. A quick press of course gets you the MyLink voice asking what to do, but holding it longer will fire off the Bluetooth talk feature. I was concerned that the truck didn't have this feature, I was apparently wrong. Overall though MyLink does seem excessively buggy. Plug in more than one phone in USB and MyLink can't figure out who's who for connectivity for media etc etc. It even changes phones sometimes for no reason. Plus, she doesn't always respond to a phone on start up. And, I've seen very slow syncing of contact changes (weeks before a change is usable in MyLink) Very buggy. Overall I do like MyLink, only feature I don't like is the need to swipe to move radio memory buttons between pages of buttons. Would prefer an "up/down" button like the older GMs had.

5. One last minor question. My old Z71 had the underbody protection panel. The new '15 4x4 doesn't have it by default, so I'm thinking of adding it. Any reason not to do this? Seems it would be a good thing to have.

BTW, love the MPG I'm getting on my 5.3! So much better than my 2011 5.3. Amazing what GM's done to this truck/engine!

Do you have the heated seats turned on in the DIC for remote start? They do not get fully hot when under remote start mode, just warm.

The checkered pattern is the temperament of the window, it is more pronounced when wearing polarized glasses.

The Mylink system has issues with Apple but from what most users have said it is because of the way Apple locks down their OS and not anything on the mylink side. I have an android and it works just fine, as far as plugging in 2 phones at the same time. I would expect that to cause some issues as the system does not know which one of the primary device.

Due to the later release date, all new body style 2500/3500's were called 2015's.

As above, did you 'enable heated seats during remote start' in the dic? It's generally believed that these seats do not have as effective seat heaters as the previous generation.

Is your truck a Z71? Z71 and 4x4 are separate options.

There is an underbody panel can be order separately as well -- or thru accessories.

SAM NEW! LPO, Underbody Shield Package, transfer case protection (dealer-installed)
1 - Not available on 4WD models with (Z71) Off-Road Suspension Package, (GAT) All-Terrain Package, or (NZZ) underbody shield.

Thanks for the reply guys.

I do have the heated seats on remote start enabled in the system. I've found a lot of threads here on the topic, so apparently it's a known issue. Oh well....

I just ordered the under body panel from chevytruckparts.com. About $180, which seems like a good price for this "very good idea for any truck" option. As you can tell, I've run into problems in the past where such a panel would have been very nice to have... :) I just don't want to walk into this unaware of anything usefull I might find good to know.

Oh, and I'm aware of the Apple mentality on security these days. (something I prefer over Android that is virus ridden...) Just odd that they don't work well with cars, especially since they promote "Siri Eyes Free" so much. Hopefully these connectivity issues will get solved soon.

Archived