rdnckhntr94's 2014 Silverado High Country Build

LongrangeLauber

Yesterday I had to replace the parking brake shoes

2cf78542c64ff52686ce029f800a18c0.jpg

And while I had the rear brakes apart I inspected them. Well, ended up replacing the rotors and pads AGAIN!! First time was at 37k miles this time at 85k miles. Could have ran them a little longer but I was there so why not? Not sure why this truck is going through rear pads as fast as front pads

cb258f573890c15d0aa25d9f7dad70da.jpg

As the reason I had to replace the parking brake shoes- right after I lifted the truck I went somewhere and set the brake. The little notification never showed on the dash so when I got in to leave I never released it, pretty much slipped my mind. Going down the road I started to feel a vibration and it got worse. Thinking it was something to do with the recently installed lift I kept going. Got about 10 miles down the road (5 of that being highway at 75mph) I put my leg down to stretch it out and felt the pedal on the floor, FML. Oh well, at least it was an easy fix and nothing wrong with the lift! Nice having a very strong parking brake now though

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Edited by rdnckhntr94

• 1 month later...

Some pics from the past month or so. Just got the windows tinted with SunTek CXP yesterday so I'll post up pics when I get back from vacation and have a chance to clean her up. Next up is a detail for her, hopefully before winterfd5c1b68d17965fbe9cba13c6a805514.jpg3c2ab4046f56b7544e6e486b69a1fdbd.jpg

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

what % did you go with?  

Legal limit in VA is 50% in the front, and the rear as dark as you want it on trucks and vans, but I went with I believe it was 20% on the rear half. The windshield brow was 5% I believe

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• 8 months later...

Been a good while since I've posted a pic of the truck or really have even been active on the forum. Nothing has really changed on the truck, but figure I would throw up a pic of her. She's definitely not a pavement princess by any means!9025cf440a43cbb641185d7e33a941f6.jpg

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

Reviving this thread from the dead. Have done a few things since I last posted over two years ago lol

- new transmission at 133k miles

- re-geared the truck to 4.56 at 143k miles (all by myself surprisingly, was sort of nerve racking, but nothing has broken yet)

- new tires were put on at the end of 2018 or 2019, cannot exactly remember

- Mishimoto transmission cooler

- Transmission thermostat delete

I will have to find a somewhat current pic of the truck. Hope everyone is doing well these days!

Edited by rdnckhntr94