rdnckhntr94's 2014 Silverado High Country Build

LongrangeLauber

Huskys up front. WT in the back. Wish i did that my boss has it like that cause of my tip... in the spring im thinking of order the Huskys for the front. Use the wt for winter. Idk

Nope, no skid plate here [emoji34]

a1cc417ad3b21a2c81c773905c1268ac.jpg

Looks to be the same bolt pattern as the skid plate I took off my 02. May touch it up with some paint and stick it under there just because this truck is so much lower

Sent while in 'Murica...

Did you by chance see if the old one fits? Would be a great thing if you could buy an older model plate for these new trucks. There was a thread looking for aftermarket metal plates. I'm sure it wouldn't be a perfect fit, but if it was close, would be a good option.

And, Nice truck :cheers:

Did you by chance see if the old one fits? Would be a great thing if you could buy an older model plate for these new trucks. There was a thread looking for aftermarket metal plates. I'm sure it wouldn't be a perfect fit, but if it was close, would be a good option.

And, Nice truck :cheers:

I can check to see if the holes line up tonight

Sent while in 'Murica...

• 3 weeks later...

Alright, probably in the next couple weeks I'll be installing my 2" level kit (front only) from Top Gun Customz. Going to do it on a Sunday so I can drop it off Monday morning for an alignment and get it back the same day. Now Im on the hunt for wheels and tires. Figured I'll start looking now so I know what to save up for and get in probably a year or so. Looking at GMC Sierra All Terrain replica wheels, the ones with the matte gray and gloss black:

http://www.oewheelsllc.com/Wheels_3/Wheels-for-Chevy-Trucks/20-Fits-GMC-Sierra-1500-Wheel-Black-Machined-Face-20x9-SET

Im not decided on tires yet. I would like an all terrain tire, but would still like to maintain most of the silence in the cab. I know I will have to sacrifice some of it for better off road performance though. Not a fan of the BFG All Terrains. Had them on my last truck and they were great at first but once they started wearing, they went quick and really lost a lot of traction. The Dick Cepek FC-2's on my lifted truck currently werent too bad, except they basically have been slicks for the last 5k miles. If yall have any suggestions on a good all terrain, or maybe even a quieter mud terrain tire, lemme here em!

Also plan on installing some footwell LED lights, as well as some lights inside the step of the rear bumper. May also get some tabs installed on the hitch to put some LED's so hooking up a trailer at night isn't a struggle.

Since I removed the problem-ridden HID's, I may get some VLED high, low, and fog light bulbs. They are expensive, but from all the reviews Ive seen around the interwebs, they seem to be worth it if you have the money

You better level that truck up or that sticker is going to fall off

I'm going to setup an alignment for next Saturday morning and hopefully install it the night before. I also am going to play on paint with the pic of the truck and see what I should debadge. The chrome trim on the doors is already starting to chip up
  • Like 1

I'm going to setup an alignment for next Saturday morning and hopefully install it the night before. I also am going to play on paint with the pic of the truck and see what I should debadge. The chrome trim on the doors is already starting to chip up

That's better my finger was on the ban button. Lol

That sticker is looking good. I have the same one on the way. Hoping it comes in this week so I can wash my truck and put on the sticker this coming weekend. And how is the trim on the door already starting to chip? What have you done to it? lol jk. But thats way too soon for it to start chipping. I would personally leave the strips and pull off the high country badge. Clean up the doors some.

That sticker is looking good. I have the same one on the way. Hoping it comes in this week so I can wash my truck and put on the sticker this coming weekend. And how is the trim on the door already starting to chip? What have you done to it? lol jk. But thats way too soon for it to start chipping. I would personally leave the strips and pull off the high country badge. Clean up the doors some.

I'm going to play with a couple different ideas i have in my head in MS paint tomorrow. I'll post em up, but since the chrome is already pitting, those trim pieces are coming off. I would like to keep them on cause they keep my door from getting dinged but right now they don't look like they'll last much longer lol

I'm going to play with a couple different ideas i have in my head in MS paint tomorrow. I'll post em up, but since the chrome is already pitting, those trim pieces are coming off. I would like to keep them on cause they keep my door from getting dinged but right now they don't look like they'll last much longer lol

A dealer would probably replace them for free since they are pitting so soon. Just a thought if you really do want to keep them!