rdnckhntr94's 2014 Silverado High Country Build

LongrangeLauber

After I get my other truck off the jack stands (hopefully before the end of the week) I'm going to tackle the footwell led and hitch led lights. For the hitch I'm going to have my buddy weld 4 tabs to the hitch; 2 aiming straight down on the hitch and then 1 on each far side aiming towards the hitch to provide light for hooking up a trailer at night. Luckily the bed lights are wired at the rear, so tapping into them wouldn't be hard at all.

My buddy also suggested to get an led strip to put on the down angle of the bulkhead to light up the front of the bed since the cab lights don't work too well there. It will also be good for if I install a soft roll up tonneau cover, the whole bed will be illuminated.

Here's the leds I bought:

c7d8c98ee247eeaeb4b04bf8cf6e89c1.jpg

Hooked em up to a drill battery and they put off a serious amount of light for something so small. The company claims they are waterproof which is why I want to use them for back at the hitch

Sent while in 'Murica...

• 2 weeks later...

Installed low and high beam HID's. Everything tucked away nice and clean

1624d68ad4da0725b05d10723f26ecf0.jpg

3c350a63ecf48881537bb393d2b2396d.jpg

3037ac670858325f4f0b05d1c738ac97.jpg

5ba45d483fa8143bd582757acc1052fb.jpg

48235a6ea650fa276edb1551d934743c.jpg

Also installed weathertech in-channel rain deflectors

ec00a6bd4e169f6c7b103b894dd44147.jpg

Currently in the process of painting the front emblem while the grille is off the truck

fb11c0e965a7f06ea48517758a935353.jpg

Sent while in 'Murica...

• Like 1

What HID kit did you go with?

DDM tuning 35w 5000k with harnesses for both high and low beam and error eliminators for the low beams. I'll get a night shot here soon. Much better than stock that's for sure. Makes these new k2 front clips really "pop" with the white light

Sent while in 'Murica...

Edited by rdnckhntr94

Just ordered weathertech floor mats front and rear. Should be in by next week sometime. Part of my Christmas gifts, just a little late

Also failed miserably 3 times trying to plasti dip the front emblem. Looked killer but started peeling up in one corner every time, or I missed a few spots. Giving up for now. Debating on taking some gloss black rustoleum to it or not...

Edited by rdnckhntr94

Just ordered weathertech floor mats front and rear. Should be in by next week sometime. Part of my Christmas gifts, just a little late

Also failed miserably 3 times trying to plasti dip the front emblem. Looked killer but started peeling up in one corner every time, or I missed a few spots. Giving up for now. Debating on taking some gloss black rustoleum to it or not...

Im suprised to hear that it's not sticking. Did you try cleaning it before hand with rubbing alcohol? I did the ones on my Wife's Cruze with no trouble which suprised me.