2014 Silverado Interior Dome Light Issue (with video link)

Hi everyone,

I have been having this problem for a couple of months now with my cabin lights. At first is was very intermittent but now it's there all the time. The driver's side dome light won't shut off with the others once I lock the doors or when I start up the vehicle. I Brought my truck 3 times to the dealer to fix this annoying and weird issue and so far no fix for it. The dealer says they can't replicate the problem. I, on the other hand, see it each and every time I unlock my doors or when I start it up.

I have made a video of it for you to see it. If anyone has experienced this or has an idea of what is causing this, I certainly would appreciate any feedback.

Cheers!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MhqpB2a162k

algonkin - you may want to remove the bulb until you get this figured out. If "the drivers's dome light won't shut off with the others once the doors are locked" will drain the battery, then your problem will be no lights will come on. If I got your message wrong, the bottom line is to ensure the bulb is removed if the engine is not running.

Oh I can turn the light off but only manually. Each time I use my truck, it stays on until I hit the switch. I always make sure it's off before I lock the truck overnight or for a long period of time.

The dealer and myself have tried all the possible settings (3 way switch) to see if that might be the culprit. Still doing it.. I'm guessing it's some electronic relay in the switch that's faulty. I'm scheduled to have the switch replaced to see if this fixes the problem. Visit # 4 :(

• 1 month later...

It acts like the light switch is simply turned on all the time so I would say the switch is the culprit. That was probably one of the switches in the assembly line bin that got hit by the forklift / knocked over and then stepped on by the line working while trying to get them all picked up. It happens man.

The light will not drain your battery, after a couple of hours it will go out on its own as your truck has a battery drain prevention system.

• 1 year later...

Did you ever figure this out? My Sierra has done this since day 1 and no one has figured it out. It is so random, then other days it is after it sits 4 plus hours. Huge annoyance factor for sure. You can see my switch that is almost worn off...lol. Just curious to see if it is an easy fix. Thanks,

• 7 months later...

Did you ever figure this out? My Sierra has done this since day 1 and no one has figured it out. It is so random, then other days it is after it sits 4 plus hours. Huge annoyance factor for sure. You can see my switch that is almost worn off...lol. Just curious to see if it is an easy fix. Thanks,

Sorry for the late late reply. Yes I got it resolved. The dealership changed the whole lighting module.

Archived