Does this work?

Don't have my truck yet, but I read this in an online 2015Silverado 1500 OwnersManual.

"On some models, press, release
and then press and hold unlock to open
all of the windows. Pressing the
button again will stop the windows."

I had to go out and try it.

The answer is yes it works. (didn't figure out if there is a way to get them to go back up)

The is an enable/disable setting for the 'remote window open' feature in the 'personalization menu' that is accesses thru the settings menu on the radio. (I had enabled it, but hadn't yer figured out what it did)

My 14 SLE doesn't. Wifes 04 Nissan Armada had it. Hold unlock on key fob for like 3 seconds. Also closed all windows if you held the lock button. Kind of a novelty.

I wonder if you can use this with remote start, or if one will lockout the other since I believe your doors have to be locked to remote start?

Once it starts you can do whatever you want. I mean you have to get into the truck don't you. I would remote start it first and then do the window thing.

EDIT: Now that I think about it, if you remote start it first I wonder if it would do like you say and not allow you to put the windows down. Could also try the other way and see if one cancels the other out as you say. I can't try since mine doesn't have that feature, I'm thinking it's because it's a '14 since the upper trims in the '14 seems to not have it either.

Once it starts you can do whatever you want. I mean you have to get into the truck don't you. I would remote start it first and then do the window thing.

Verified that when running on remote start, press and release unlock then press and hold unlock will roll down windows.

Wonder if that disables the auto ac during hot weather?

Verified that when running on remote start, press and release unlock then press and hold unlock will roll down windows.

Wonder if that disables the auto ac during hot weather?

I want to assume that it wouldn't disable that, but you never know lol.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys just wanted to send a pic and instructions for the people that don't know how to access the feature from their mylink system. I have a 2015 Silverado that came with the MyLink 8in display and OnStar at no extra cost. I think the trim below the LT doesn't have the Remote Window Feature(but I'm not positive). So you have to go to settings on the mylink display, scroll down to vehicle and click that, scroll down to Remote Lock, Unlock, and Start. Once in there scroll down to Remote Window Operation and select On. Then you're done, all you have to do is test it out. I like the feature on a hot day, to lower the temp of the cab before I get in. But I also never had remote start until I got this truck, so not having the remote window operation isn't that big of a deal if you have remote start. Well I hope that helps some people out. If your vehicle is New it should have a MyLink manual that tells you the features of the system, there are some pretty cool features. In my opinion Chevy has really stepped their game up with their trucks.

post-136812-141881682074_thumb.jpg

Archived