Leveling a 2015 GMC 2500 HD

It was a informational comment reguarding diff spacers.Cognito level 4 and diff spacers would no doubt be best for the truck long term you must admit SMiller.Or is all leveling parts by all the suspension company's useless ?

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It was a informational comment reguarding diff spacers.Cognito level 4 and diff spacers would no doubt be best for the truck long term you must admit SMiller.Or is all leveling parts by all the suspension company's useless ?

Love the Cognito A-arms, hate their ball joints though. Odd that Cognito doesn't offer diff spacers.

Can you explain what aftermarket keys offer over stock in a situation where the stock key gets you the lift you need?

After talking with Cognito,they said aftermarket keys are not needed if a enough lift is achieved with stock keys. So anyone who stated that is correct.

After talking with Cognito,they said aftermarket keys are not needed if a enough lift is achieved with stock keys. So anyone who stated that is correct.

I cranked my stock keys to the max before I replaced mine and I could not get it 100 percent level.. It was very close but not enough.. The aftermarket keys gave mye the extra inch I wanted

I decided to crank my bars today to see what it looked like and check the angles. Passenger side was 39 & 3/4. Driver was right at 40. I don't remember exactly how many turns I did on each side but I got both sides a little over 41 1/2 without maxing the bolts out. I can definitely go up more and may go on up to 42". CV's still look good. UCA has enough space between them. I forgot to look at the ball joints while it was still light outside but what I could see they looked ok (will check better tomorrow).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Got a few pics of UCA, Ball joint, and CV angle. Not wild about ball joint angle but not sure if its a major concern. Opinions?

IMG_2360.jpg

UCA gap appears to be good to go right at 3/4" gap

IMG_2361.jpg

Not a great pic of the CV angle but they ok to me (what little I know)

IMG_2362.jpgIMG_2363.jpg

Opinions, thoughts, advice? I know it needs an alignment.

Got a few pics of UCA, Ball joint, and CV angle. Not wild about ball joint angle but not sure if its a major concern. Opinions?

UCA gap appears to be good to go right at 3/4" gap

Not a great pic of the CV angle but they ok to me (what little I know)

Opinions, thoughts, advice? I know it needs an alignment.

She will run a long and happy life right there. Get an alignment and you are all set.

She will run a long and happy life right there. Get an alignment and you are all set.

Man I hope so..HAHA

Got to find some Copper ST Maxx now. The local Cooper store said 295/70/18 were special order and couldn't give me a exact price.

I'm torn between ordering them off the net, getting the store to order them or just going with Nitto Terra G2 in same size.

Man I hope so..HAHA

Got to find some Copper ST Maxx now. The local Cooper store said 295/70/18 were special order and couldn't give me a exact price.

I'm torn between ordering them off the net, getting the store to order them or just going with Nitto Terra G2 in same size.

For reference I think the MSRP on them was 255. I got the Paw-in-law discount so mine were 225.

I want to say the rear is 43in.? I set mine at 42in. in front and its perfect, just keep the front end greased and get a alignment done.

Order the tires or you will wish you had.

yeah the rear is 43 in. I'm actually right at 41 & 3/4 in the front I think I'm Gona leave it there and get the alignment.

Are U saying order the tires myself??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey Brad, was wondering why Cooper or Nitto tires

Because they are both offered in the 295/70R18.

And I really like the look of the STT Maxx.

I've always ran BFG All Terrain and like the new All Terrain KO2 but they don't have any sizes I prefer.

Archived