Electrical problems. 3rd time in the shop in 2 months

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Trying to be in the middle here but, govtech (can be uh...rough...like 60 grit rough) but he makes valid points, and the internet and this forum are not GM technicians, so don't expect much. That said, if the dealer has seen this, then they should have an understanding that something is wrong. If you have the ability, let them keep it and get it to act up, or if it acts up long enough, take it to them while its doing it.

I would imagine there is some sort of fault code being stored. Loss of communication or something. Could take a reprogram to fix, maybe a module replacement, heck, could be an intermittent ground issue. Got to let the dealer play with it. If you don't like the dealer you are with, try another or get in touch with one of the GM reps on this forum.

Good luck.

2015 Silverado we have spent more time and miles taking it to and from the dealer. This is the third time they can't find anything wrong.

http://youtu.be/uGYjxKU70fc

Hi Awells32,

We are truly sorry to hear that you've had to multiple trips to the dealership for trouble with your new Silverado. I can certainly understand how disheartening this must be for you. We'd be glad to touch base with your dealership to ensure all resources have been utilized toward a resolution. Feel free to send me a PM here on the site with your VIN and contact info if we can be of any assistance!

Andraya

GM Customer Care

Thank you GM representative. We want a new truck! We've been paying for this one and never get to drive it! I've bought 4 brand new Chevy trucks and never had these problems. Ive taken days off work and my wife has also. Our time is invaluable! Just to take this truck to the dealer! We paid for a brand new perfect truck, what happened was we took the truck in for this problem twice. Then the dealer put a dent in the front fender on the second time. Now this is the 4th time and no results. Now we have a borrowed truck for almost 3 weeks that we gotta drive. I'm pissed!

Awells - Educate your self and review the lemon laws for your state. Also contact the dealer zone rep. Be courteous and firm- clearly state your case. You catch more flys with honey than vinegar.

Good Luck

• 1 month later...

I am having the same issue! At the shop now they have no resolution and say they cannot duplicate. I took it to them with the issue happening. I have noticed it happens to me when it is night time or low light situations after about 20 minutes of driving. I thought it might be something with the ambient light sensor or a system that that is activated by it. I have a video as well I will try to get it uploaded.

I bought my truck 3 months ago it was used but with only 5900 miles on it. 2014 GMC 2500HD Duramax. it was certified pre-owned and retained the factory warranty.

Let me know what your current situation is and I will do so with mine. Obviously there is an issue.

• 7 months later...

Archived