Electrical problems. 3rd time in the shop in 2 months

I have a co worker that had a similiar issue, Chevy reloaded the BCM software, attempted to do a ground technical support bulletin, replaced the ECM and several other attempts to try and solve this issue.

2 weeks ago, it was bought back with the equity he had built (his was a 14 1500 2lz 4x4 ), they gave him $1500 for accessories and paid the TTL.

He ended up getting a 2016 high country Max tow 6.2 1500 4x4.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have a co worker that had a similiar issue, Chevy reloaded the BCM software, attempted to do a ground technical support bulletin, replaced the ECM and several other attempts to try and solve this issue.

2 weeks ago, it was bought back with the equity he had built (his was a 14 1500 2lz 4x4 ), they gave him $1500 for accessories and paid the TTL.

He ended up getting a 2016 high country Max tow 6.2 1500 4x4.

Dropped my 2015 Z71 -2500 LTZ regular cab off this morning after spending an hour driving around with one of the dealers top service guys. Of course in an hour of cruising red lights we couldn't duplicate my issues. This is my second time in the shop - because of the intermittent nature of my trucks issues I see this being a long process. My center stack will loose power and flash, my a/c controls will simply not respond. My microphone speaker system as it pertains to OnStar and phone pairing is wacky and it makes noises only a machine could make. Of course then there is the transmission kick down and lurching issue. My truck has 2,700 miles on it. Made 1st payment yesterday. This is a thrilling ride for me especially as a guy who once said, "I'll never own a GM vehicle." I suppose not all hard an fast axioms are wrong. That said the Texas Edition LTZ 4x2 with active fuel management I got to drive while they are conducting the "science experiment" on my truck is a nice ride. I'll update when I know more.

Dropped my 2015 Z71 -2500 LTZ regular cab off this morning after spending an hour driving around with one of the dealers top service guys. Of course in an hour of cruising red lights we couldn't duplicate my issues. This is my second time in the shop - because of the intermittent nature of my trucks issues I see this being a long process. My center stack will loose power and flash, my a/c controls will simply not respond. My microphone speaker system as it pertains to OnStar and phone pairing is wacky and it makes noises only a machine could make. Of course then there is the transmission kick down and lurching issue. My truck has 2,700 miles on it. Made 1st payment yesterday. This is a thrilling ride for me especially as a guy who once said, "I'll never own a GM vehicle." I suppose not all hard an fast axioms are wrong. That said the Texas Edition LTZ 4x2 with active fuel management I got to drive while they are conducting the "science experiment" on my truck is a nice ride. I'll update when I know more.

Hate to hear that, my co workers was the same until he caught it on video....now he drives a brand new one and no issues so far.

Wow, I'll add to the list, 2015 2500hd C4x4 , got into it Saturday and I have no ac display on the dash, nothing at all, but I can still drive it, weird, no stereo as well, I thought maybe it's s fuse, I'll take to the dealership tomorrow.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Problem solved, module in the stereo system went out.

What specific model are you referring too?

My truck has been at the dealership for days without them being able to reproduce my issues. They're telling me they are driving it several times a day trying to replicate the problems.

Thank you GM representative. We want a new truck! We've been paying for this one and never get to drive it! I've bought 4 brand new Chevy trucks and never had these problems. Ive taken days off work and my wife has also. Our time is invaluable! Just to take this truck to the dealer! We paid for a brand new perfect truck, what happened was we took the truck in for this problem twice. Then the dealer put a dent in the front fender on the second time. Now this is the 4th time and no results. Now we have a borrowed truck for almost 3 weeks that we gotta drive. I'm pissed!

Did you ever get a resolution on this?

When I had a new stereo put in they had to change out a module for on star to adapt from factory to the new unit

I am misunderstanding you... are you saying you had an aftermarket stereo? or the OEM Stereo?

After

In that case I understand you were lucky to get any support at all from the dealership. Thank you for the response.

I got mine back from the dealership today after having been in there for two weeks. They were unable to reproduce my issues. Perhaps it worked itself out... perhaps not. I'll update as it progresses. They said that on the 1st visit they did a service bulletin to my truck. I cannot confirm that this solved my issue.

• 2 months later...

Hey Hawker, I watched your video and my 2014 3500 does the same thing. I have noticed that before it acts up my door locks quit working, lock or unlock, then a while later the dash goes crazy and if I shut it off. Everything is dead. Had it to the dealer 4 times once while it was dead and they changed a butch of s--t Seems to fix itself while setting went dead again about three weeks ago and had it towed (4th time) when it got to the dealer all was ok. They have had it ever since with no further issue. I use for business just looking for a good way out 60K truck 36K miles Did you get any satisfaction. Thanks

• 3 months later...

I have had my 2014 GMC Sierra 1500 in the shop 3 times since Feb. 16. The dash and info center go crazy and watch this video and see what happens when I drive under 25mph!

This is what happens. HAs anyone had this issue? I was in a parking garage and it started doing this and I almost had two accidents trying to maneuver in the garage. Absolutely unacceptable.

• 1 month later...

@ GSB, this is what happened to me except I was parked, navigating menu on my USB stored music. Locked the door as I wasn't watching surroundings (it was late) then when I took the key out to leave the car everything went completely dead. No response to On Star button, turning key to start didn't even click, internal power locks non responsive. Few mins later (probably 5-10 minutes) all the internal lights started flickering, Check Engine light came on with a warning "Battery Charging *something, I forget* fault, open and close driver side window" then it went away. Check engine light is still on but after about 15 minutes everything else is working okay. I live near the country so not sure if the smell in the cabin was dead skunk or burning wires but it goes back into the shop on Tuesday.

This is my first Chevrolet after driving a Honda from new for 8 years, hoping it's just a loose fuse or something but can't say I'm impressed right now.

*Edit, just bought this today!

Archived