code 43 tried everything need help ASAP

the rookie24

Question

Hey i have a 93 gmc serria 1500 sle with a 5.7 and it's putting out a code 43 all new esc module knock sensor and still aint fixed it runs like crap no power and running real rich now i have tried to clear the code with a actron scanner but won't work says sent command then read codes and its still there then tried disconnecting the battery still nothing finally removed the comp in the dash put it back in ran for 1 min then light came back on with same code i am at my whits end also the esc module is under my distributor on a 93 because there is nothing on the bracket like I've seen online i have a video of the ses light blinks i will post shortly

3 answers to this question

follow the code ? all it says is esc module or sensor error we replaced both esc and the knock sensor tested the wire that runs from the knock to ecm and it works reset the timing to can not figure it out still keeps poping up

Follow the diag chart for that code .. Is this your first ever time hearing about how to fix a DTC ?

You thru parts at it my son and it burnt ya , don't worry happens all the time , they then end up here as you did,,,,

You have other things it can be that the code would tell you to check and what to do ,

You need service info so you can look up this code and follow it

Alldata. Com is $27/yr

You could have 3 or so other things wrong ,,,,

Sorry good luck

Archived