Turn Signal Problem

I recently purchased and installed the under bed rail perimeter LED lights. I purchased them at http://www.shopchevyparts.com/bed-products/2014-silverado-1500-perimeter-bed-lighting-under-rail-led/23145347-p-92279140.html. They are supposed to be a genuine GM part. The plugged into a junction block under the bed, close to the trailer plug. They installed easily without any drilling. The lights work off of the cargo light switch. They work great.

However, now my turn signals are not working correctly. The bottom light on the rear driver side lights up when I use the drivers turn signal. The top light on the passenger side lights up when I use the passenger side turn signal. I double checked and made sure I didn't knock anything loose while installing the new lights. I have disconnected the LED bed lights. I have disconnected the battery and reconnected the battery with the LED lights disconnected. The turn signals are still not working correctly. I also get a warning that the rear turn signal has failed. They work correctly for 3 blinks, and then fail.

Anybody have any ideas?

Thanks.

• 1 month later...

It was the bulbs. I had to remove the tail lights to run the wiring for the bed lighting. I was extremely careful with the bulbs, but I guess I wasn't careful enough. If it had just been one side, I probably would have though that I had hit it too hard and blown it. But with a light out on both sides, I thought something more serious had happen.

• Like 1

• 5 years later...
2 hours ago, MikeB1965 said:

I don't have power to the right blinker where the trailer plugs in at rear of truck. 2018 Silverado 

Check your connections on the forward side of the bumper.