02 silverado 1500 day light running lights

Hello everyone, I have been lurking around on this site for a bit. A lot of interesting information. I have an issue that I was hoping someone could share some help or sugestions. I hope that I posted this in the right area My issue is my day light running lights do not come on when the truck is placed in gear. The head lights come on at start up and stay on the entire time the engine is running unless I turn them off by the over ride button on the dash. All fuses, relays have been checked and tested and are fine. I am thinking it could be the dash sensor for the headlights coming on but would that affect the daylight running lights? The truck is in awesome shape and has been a great truck. 219 K miles on it and going strong. Again, any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks folks.

Like said above it sounds like the sensor. My truck did the same thing when I bought it, but my problem was the sensor had fallen down inside the dash. Once I got it back out, it's worked like it should ever since.

Why would it be the sensor, I put the resistor in it to turn my DRL's off, well I guess it could be that, try hitting the dome light buttom on and off 3x see if that helps, I have a 99 and that didn't work on mine to turn them off, but to turn yours on maybe?

Also check grounds, these truck run off of grounds maybe a bad ground.

Archived