Playstations 2 and 3.

I was just thinking about my ps2 and ps3. My opinion is that ps2 games are better than ps3, but the ps3 CECHA01 (60 gb) is a better unit than the ps2, because of the 4 USB ports, the super cd function, backwards compatible with emotion chip, the ps3 cecha01 plays ps1,2,3 games, along with super cd's, bluray, dvds. I love the cecha01 because if you jailbreak it on a 3.55 firmware you can upgrade your internal hard drive to a 1TB and save all your old favorite games right to your console! No more missing or scratched disks. What do you guys think about the ps2 vs ps3?

loved my ps3 and ps2, plyaed lots of ps2 games on the ps3, that is until i got the yellow light of death on the ps3. Has just sat for a few years as I moved out of the country for about a year and a half and now it's just low on the priority list to get it fixed.

loved my ps3 and ps2, plyaed lots of ps2 games on the ps3, that is until i got the yellow light of death on the ps3. Has just sat for a few years as I moved out of the country for about a year and a half and now it's just low on the priority list to get it fixed.

Yeah it needs a reball. Those 60 gigs were great expect the fact they came with the aps-231. Almost all the 60s get YLOD.

Yeah it needs a reball. Those 60 gigs were great expect the fact they came with the aps-231. Almost all the 60s get YLOD.

Not mine, I still have an OG 60gb fatty that works perfectly, going on 7 years old now. Been thinking about putting it on ebay as I heard they still carry a pretty decent value though mine has been updated so I think redhat function was taken out but still has ps2 compatibility.

Not mine, I still have an OG 60gb fatty that works perfectly, going on 7 years old now. Been thinking about putting it on ebay as I heard they still carry a pretty decent value though mine has been updated so I think redhat function was taken out but still has ps2 compatibility.

yeah mine is an original release fatty. I replaced the bluray drive, would still read dvds and ps2 games but not ps3 and blu ray stuff, then about 4 months later the YLOD showed up. Quite impressed it lasted as long as it did. Figured it over heated as I was on it for quite a long time right before it happened, lol.

You really need to replace the thermal compound on these checha01's. The bluray drive is also pretty common on those

On my 80 gig fat PS3 the drive went out. Then I got a slim, then a PS4 on launch day

Archived