2014 Sierra LOUD creaking gas/brake pedal

I have 6k miles on my 2014 Sierra SLE (5.3 V8) and for the past 500 (ish) miles I have had a creakING that has gotten progressively worse...Just took it into the dealership (lease vehicle) to have it checked out and they saI'd that there is no current sservice bulletin for this issue. They say they want to make a "Tech Report" about the issue since it appears that there is an issue with the entire bracketry system. Could be out of a truck for up to a week they say. What does all the talk of a "tech report" mean!?!? At least I get a LOADED Yukon for a loaner...

Hi Paul,

I'm sorry to hear that you've experienced creaking noises in your new Sierra! I understand your vehicle is at the dealership and is undergoing a tech report. This is best to make sure that they can try to diagnose exactly where the noise is coming from. Please let us know if you have questions or concerns with this matter. Also feel free to keep us posted on the status of your Sierra. We look forward to hearing from you soon!

Kristen A.

GM Customer Care

My dads 2011 Buick Enclave did this from from about 1000 miles til when he got rid of it just recently with over 80k on it.

Has something to do with the the brake fluid in the brake booster. I believe another member on this forum had his replaced on his truck and it went away.

^ I noticed the gas pedal assembly on my '14 moves A LOT. After looking at it in detail, the bottom right side needs to be anchored to the truck. They have a plastic bracket with 2 studs that the gas pedal assembly bolts to. Then, the whole ******* thing moves like crazy before the gas pedal actually moves. I cut a 1/2" long piece off a paint stick. Stuck it between the plastic bracket and the floor pan/firewall and it's perfect. Guess what. you step on the gas pedal, the pedal moves. You don't get 1/2" of pedal travel due to the flex in the plastic bracket. So yes, a free paint stick piece and some super glue on a brand new $46k truck. But guess what... feels like the you have a tune on the truck now.

My dads 2011 Buick Enclave did this from from about 1000 miles til when he got rid of it just recently with over 80k on it.

Has something to do with the the brake fluid in the brake booster. I believe another member on this forum had his replaced on his truck and it went away.

I have a 13 Silverado and I have discovered that the brake fluid change is just a ruse. The problem I had was a squeaky brake pedal. After much angst, I discovered that it has something to do with the actuator rod that goes through the firewall into the brake booster. If you apply pressure on the rod from the 5 o'clock position up towards the 11 o'clock position, the noise goes away. The sooner GM acknowledges this and fixes it, the happier I and many with the same problem will be. However, it is a great truck otherwise than that.

Archived