We with Kids: All heck breaks loose when

SnakeEyeSS

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have a pre-teen, a 2 year old, and a newborn......all girls.

The "fun" never ends at our house.

The entire house runs their schedule around the 2 year old. What sucks the most, is not everyone knows how to keep up with the random schedule of events the same way. She will go from watching a movie, then immediately wanting to dress up as a princess, play drums directly underneath baby's swing (while she's trying to sleep....of course), and then decide to let the dog outside and not close the door behind her (typically when it raining). Meanwhile, my poor wife is trying to get her to eat an entire meal of food.

If we try to outsmart her and come up with something else to do, she will scream hysterically with disappointment if she doesn't agree.

Needless to say, we don't go out in public....unless it's an emergency.

We have 11 grandkids, we can look forward to 45 people at Thanksgiving and Christmas. Wouldn't you know my last is like the last post and can make all in attendance bow to her demands.

I have a pre-teen, a 2 year old, and a newborn......all girls.

The "fun" never ends at our house.

The entire house runs their schedule around the 2 year old. What sucks the most, is not everyone knows how to keep up with the random schedule of events the same way. She will go from watching a movie, then immediately wanting to dress up as a princess, play drums directly underneath baby's swing (while she's trying to sleep....of course), and then decide to let the dog outside and not close the door behind her (typically when it raining). Meanwhile, my poor wife is trying to get her to eat an entire meal of food.

If we try to outsmart her and come up with something else to do, she will scream hysterically with disappointment if she doesn't agree.

Needless to say, we don't go out in public....unless it's an emergency.

Thanks for reaffirming my position of why I will never have a child lol.

Not a chance would I be willing to sacrifice my life for some loud screaming, crapping, puking, complete money consumer like a child. And it only gets worse as they get older from what I have seen, one of my brothers has two kids both just starting their teen years and wow, it's nothing but fights between them every time I see them, I wouldn't wish that nonsense on my worst enemy to be honest!

Thanks for reaffirming my position of why I will never have a child lol.

Not a chance would I be willing to sacrifice my life for some loud screaming, crapping, puking, complete money consumer like a child. And it only gets worse as they get older from what I have seen, one of my brothers has two kids both just starting their teen years and wow, it's nothing but fights between them every time I see them, I wouldn't wish that nonsense on my worst enemy to be honest!

To each their own.

I completely understand and respect your position. Rather than hastily have a child and be a terrible parent, you seem to be doing what you seem necessary to not be put into that situation. I'm not bashing you by any means, in fact I'm applauding your decision to be yourself.

Truth is, I wouldn't trade any of them for a Ferrari or whatever else I could buy with the money I've spent on them.

X2 ^

I applaud people that admit they are too selfish (NOT an insult) to be a parent(except the ones that then have a kid anyway).

Not everyone can be. Oh and those people who have kids to improve a bad relationship. Yikes.

But if you can do it, the rewards are worth it! The hilarity that is constant in my home keeps me going. Right now they have decides to refer to everything by the "sounds" it makes. One bumps his nose, he has a "beep beep boo boo".

Aint nothing in life that brings more meaning and satisfaction to life then to be married to someone you love and who loves you back, and to raise a family. Nothing at all. No amount of cars, trucks, toys, whatever your excuse is. That being said, Not everyone is cut out to be a parent. And you are getting this straight from the horses mouth.. Divorced.. no kids.. in debt at 37 years old... therefore I am qualified. Wait.. What?

My 3 year old boy does this too, and has taught his 1 year old brother to do it as well, BTW he doesn't sound much like an engine. He is surely loud tho

Glad I am not the only one dealing with this haha

Ryan

Archived