Did I count correctly; >24 separate issues and problems indicated

A quick glance at page 1 of this thread indicates > 24 separate issues and/or problems owners' are encountering with their new Silverado/Sierra trucks which is alarming to me.

Now you almost did it, If you would have listed all 24, by Sunday night there would have been 2 people register on this site and claim to have all 24 of them.

Now you almost did it, If you would have listed all 24, by Sunday night there would have been 2 people register on this site and claim to have all 24 of them.

That to me would be called "trade in" time.

Mine hasn't given me any problems. Just personal things I didn't like, like the front being too low (fixed for now by taking off the bumper deflector), the exhaust sound being non existent like a Prius (fixed with a Flowmaster Super 44) and having 3.08 gears which I plan on swapping them for 3.73s. The only real problem it had at the beginning was the trans shifting a little hard between 1st and 2nd, but it went away after a couple thousand miles so I'm thinking that it needed to be broke in. Has just under 9,000 miles on it and had it since April.

Yes , piss poor quality from gm. I've had a few issues already. 5 times to service in 3 months. I'm so happy this truck is a lease. I love the looks and engine power but again gm just could care less about quality. Lol @ the idea I once wanted to own one. Lol f no!

I have only had a slight vibration and the radio reception issue. 18k miles and still not one rattle or issues.

wouldn't surprise me if many of these folks are trolls. Probably getting paid to come here and make up stories...

I have only had a slight vibration and the radio reception issue. 18k miles and still not one rattle or issues.

wouldn't surprise me if many of these folks are trolls. Probably getting paid to come here and make up stories...

I think you got that nail square on the head, are you a carpenter?

821eb155e4ba035cda0ccbe32699dbba.jpg

22k+ miles in 11 months of ownership and NOT one single issue! Now, I've gone in to get the recalls taken care of (3) but I've had no actual issues out of anything! Keep the oil changed and gas in it (which I don't actually have right now LOL) and she's good to go! I love this truck! Can't wait to put the 12" suspension under her with 26x16's and 37.5's! Gonna keep her for a minute then probably go get a 16 duramax. And yes, I drive that much...it only had one mile on it January 22nd when I bought it from Serra Chevy in Bartlett,TN. That's the damn truth, best truck I've ever owned. Even better than my 6.7!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

821eb155e4ba035cda0ccbe32699dbba.jpg

22k+ miles in 11 months of ownership and NOT one single issue! Now, has gone into get the recalls fixed the actual issues out of anything! Keep all changed and gas in it (which I don't actually have right now LOL) and she's good to go! I love this truck! Can't wait to put the 12" suspension under her with 26x16's and 37.5's! Gonna keep her for a minute then probably go get a 16 duramax. And yes, I drive that much...it only had one mile on it January 22nd when I bought it from Serra Chevy in Bartlett,TN. That's the damn truth, best truck I've ever owned. Even better than my 6.7!

Got a question though just from curiosity. It's your money, but why put a 12" lift on the truck when you're just going to get rid of it in a few months when the '16's come out? Even if you wait until 2016 to me it seems like it's just wasting money since you're not keeping the truck that long. Plus it will be harder to get rid of it for the '16. Lifted trucks aren't hard to sell these days, but one with a 12' lift on a new truck would be in my opinion. But again, it's your money, I was just curious.

Got a question though just from curiosity. It's your money, but why put a 12" lift on the truck when you're just going to get rid of it in a few months when the '16's come out? Even if you wait until 2016 to me it seems like it's just wasting money since you're not keeping the truck that long. Plus it will be harder to get rid of it for the '16. Lifted trucks aren't hard to sell these days, but one with a 12' lift on a new truck would be in my opinion. But again, it's your money, I was just curious.

The simple answer is: I've already paid for it lol it's custom fabbed, so there's really no turning back! Haha I figure I'd throw it on and just let my buddy buy it. He's wanted it since day one and is a pay cash kinda guy, he'd rather buy the same truck used over new so he doesn't have to deal with a dealership and I guess he looks at it as saving money buying a built truck. And also, fiscally speaking, I'm not the brightest crayon in the box. Haha but hey, you can't take it with you when you go!

The simple answer is: I've already paid for it lol it's custom fabbed, so there's really no turning back! Haha I figure I'd throw it on and just let my buddy buy it. He's wanted it since day one and is a pay cash kinda guy, he'd rather buy the same truck used over new so he doesn't have to deal with a dealership and I guess he looks at it as saving money buying a built truck. And also, fiscally speaking, I'm not the brightest crayon in the box. Haha but hey, you can't take it with you when you go!

Well since you know a buddy will buy it from you then that's not bad. I plan on keeping this '14 until it can't go anymore and I don't plan on putting a lift on it and if I do it won't be any bigger than 6-7". If I wanted a truck with a big lift on it then I'll go the cheap route that makes more sense to me and that's to buy an older Chevy that doesn't have a computer and has a straight axle on it. That way I can thrash around in the 2nd truck and not tear up my daily (learned that the hard way) and would be way cheaper to lift a front axle truck than IFS. Plus no computer with a bunch of sensors to mess up in the mud. That's just be though lol.

Well since you know a buddy will buy it from you then that's not bad. I plan on keeping this '14 until it can't go anymore and I don't plan on putting a lift on it and if I do it won't be any bigger than 6-7". If I wanted a truck with a big lift on it then I'll go the cheap route that makes more sense to me and that's to buy an older Chevy that doesn't have a computer and has a straight axle on it. That way I can thrash around in the 2nd truck and not tear up my daily (learned that the hard way) and would be way cheaper to lift a front axle truck than IFS. Plus no computer with a bunch of sensors to mess up in the mud. That's just be though lol.

Mud? On 26x16's? NEVER THAT! Haha this is a Parking lot princess! She's getting forgiato's and a bulletproof suspension...we're talking 20k+ with of parts going on this truck, I WOULDN'T DARE take a truck built like that anywhere near the mud! Wheels alone are 13k or so. This is the show truck, I've got an 09 2wd ext. cab to drive back and forth to work when this one is built. Haha I've done my fair share of playing in the mud, I wouldn't recommend it. It's all fun and games until your brand new truck runs like an old farm truck, rattles with every slight bump on the interstate, and sounds like a bed in a brothel every time the suspension moves a little! Lol

Mud? On 26x16's? NEVER THAT! Haha this is a Parking lot princess! She's getting forgiato's and a bulletproof suspension...we're talking 20k+ with of parts going on this truck, I WOULDN'T DARE take a truck built like that anywhere near the mud! Wheels alone are 13k or so. This is the show truck, I've got an 09 2wd ext. cab to drive back and forth to work when this one is built. Haha I've done my fair share of playing in the mud, I wouldn't recommend it. It's all fun and games until your brand new truck runs like an old farm truck, rattles with every slight bump on the interstate, and sounds like a bed in a brothel every time the suspension moves a little! Lol

I found that out when I would go mudding and hot rodded it around in my 98 which was also my only transportation. That's why I keep saying I want to take care of this one and if I want a mud truck I can just buy and old truck for that. That would be cheaper than an IFS lift alone, even just a 6" lift. As for the rim size, I like a lot of sidewall, even on a car. I wouldn't get rims bigger than 18s unless the tires were 44s or bigger. 20s would be tops for 44s. I might sound like an old man but I'm only 29 lol. I just don't want to spend that kind of money if it won't be used. I wouldn't even get tow mirrors unless I actually tow a lot or maybe a lifted truck were the mirrors would help with blind spots from the height. I'd rather spend that $20K on maybe another truck or a Harley or something lol. Again, that's just me lol.

Archived