Silverado 4x4 with or without Z71 suspension ride difference?

Shredzy

Yes. I have had the chance to drive each for 1000 plus miles each. I prefer the z71. It feels tighter and doesn't bounce or wallow as much.

Thanks for the reply, was curious if there was that much of a difference.

I'm not a fan of the "bounce or wallow" either.

After driving them both, I didn't buy the Z71 because I thought the ride was a little too firm. I think the regular suspension has a very nice balance, between ride and handling, also I will never be off road. I'm sure everyone will have different opinions depending on their wants.

If ride quality is a concern, you will want to replace your factory shocks with quality aftermarket gas shocks, no matter which truck you buy. IMO factory shocks are okay but, they definitely leave room for improvement. If you add an anti-sway bar you will get a more 'car-like' ride. I think that the difference between an LTZ and an LTZ Z71 is $780. If you look at what you get for that $780, it is actually a huge bargain. You may not want to use the difference in shocks as criteria for deciding which truck to buy.

013_zpscd90a02b.jpg

Correct me if I'm wrong but I think the z71 comes with eaton locker rear end. As far as the ride goes the standard 4x4 rides a bit better in my opinion.

Per my '14 brochure, the Eaton Locker comes in LT Z71. Both LTZ models and High Country get it standard.Don't know about '15.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I think the z71 comes with eaton locker rear end. As far as the ride goes the standard 4x4 rides a bit better in my opinion.

the locking diff is standard on all 4x4 models and optional on 2wd by the look of it, but is added for as standard on 2wd Z71.
im kinda curious if its possible to add hill decent control. its probably just a software flash and adding the buttons, everything else looks like its just bolt ons.
Z71 Off-Road Package
Z71 Suspension with Monotube Rancho®
Shocks;
18˝ Machined Aluminum Wheels , Heavy Duty Air
Cleaner, Z71 Badge, Hill Descent Control, Underbody
Shield On 4WD Only, Recovery Hooks (For 2WD),
Locking Rear Differential On 2WD Models
ide be interested in seeing what the Z71 skid plates look like if anyone can upload a pic.

awesome thanks.

i want to add some skid plates this summer... dont know if ill put on oems or get my buddy to weld something together that can actually smack a rock.

Locking diff. Is not standard it's all in tires and suspension I have a ls 4x4 and has 3.73 gears and no locker might even be the dumb design of 2/1 leafs of 3/1 leafs I have the 2/1 they say great for towing b/c of the z85 package but both the truck come standard with z85 packages

Locking diff. Is not standard it's all in tires and suspension I have a ls 4x4 and has 3.73 gears and no locker might even be the dumb design of 2/1 leafs of 3/1 leafs I have the 2/1 they say great for towing b/c of the z85 package but both the truck come standard with z85 packages

The does or doesn't have locker diff. is referring to 2014/'15 trucks. Concerning 4WD, from the LT package up, they all have it.

Archived