What window vent guards do u suggest

BD1

I'm not sure what brand mine are they were put on at the dealer, they might be OEM GM? They are the tape on style, they were removed when the side of my truck was wiped out from a deer and I didn't have the body shop reinstall them. I'd give someone a heck of deal on them, I just don't want to throw them away. They are 6 months old and would need new tape of course. Full set for a '14 crew cab.

Do not get avs, I am very disapointed, much louder than when I had nothing on the windows on the highway and in windy conditions, enough that I don't even want to open my windows. Worst thing I have done to my truck so far. Curious on the stampede brand as I have the bug deflector and it is top notch quality, I should have researched more as the avs are a huge waste of money imo.

Do not get avs, I am very disapointed, much louder than when I had nothing on the windows on the highway and in windy conditions, enough that I don't even want to open my windows. Worst thing I have done to my truck so far. Curious on the stampede brand as I have the bug deflector and it is top notch quality, I should have researched more as the avs are a huge waste of money imo.

I have the Stampede hoodshield also and love it. It's low profile while not being to low profile. Having a black truck you have to look for it lol. The main reason I went with that one is because it was the only one I found that I knew for sure that didn't use any tape and didn't have to drill. Others may be like that, but it was the only one I knew for sure.

The reason I didn't get the Stampede window visors is because they stuck out more than I would like. I'm the type that care more for function than form, but window visors is the type of thing that if it's low profile it won't be any less effective. They do look like it's good quality and the in-channels they have doesn't use tape. I like my Weathertechs because it also doesn't use tape and they're low profile. Whichever you choose I do suggest to get in-channels. When I bought my 98 back in '04 it had AVS (I think) tape on window deflectors and one eventually came unglued and I couldn't get it to stick so I ended up taking both of them off. It was annoying as hell going down the interstate and heard it flapping and hitting the door lol. I'll never have the tape on kind anymore. IF you get some and get in-channels, also make sure you do what the instructions say to make sure they stay in the window channel like it should.

none.. because they aren't needed and it's just one more thing to screw up the aero and cause noise.

I use them for hot humid days while parked so the air can circulate some so I can put them down a little and not worry about if it's going to rain or not. They won't mess up the aero much, plus they're trucks, not sports cars so aero really isn't as important. Mine are in-channels and don't cause any noise at all and hasn't since day one. They don't even make noise when going down the interstate with all of the windows down.

Archived