Torsion Keys Different Lengths, Bad Bars? or Control Arms?

• 2 weeks later...

Ok sry Holidays and works crazy, I put 305/60R18 on the truck now and IT LOOKS MEAN! I rub on the drivers side on the inner fender well by the door ??? what the hell? The tires come to a 32.4

I've seen and been told we can fit 33x10.50 's on our truck with just cranking the keys, so I guess thats what I mean by my post, what could be worn out if the keys is turned all the way and the bolt stops and touchs the retainer block that hold the key. I know its weird tonite I'm heading to a buddies shop after hours to see what I can do? Thx guys

I have rough country 1.5-2" leveling kit on mine and have no issues running 315/70r17 on mine. With just the keys in, and no crank. The torsion key adjustment bolts are all the way backed out. The keys actually rest on what the adjustment bolts thread into. How many miles on your truck? How do you drive it? Are you the only owner?

I have rough country 1.5-2" leveling kit on mine and have no issues running 315/70r17 on mine. With just the keys in, and no crank. The torsion key adjustment bolts are all the way backed out. The keys actually rest on what the adjustment bolts thread into. How many miles on your truck? How do you drive it? Are you the only owner?

I'm maybe the 3rd owner I street drive it but I found hunting tickets from an area that is for 4x4 ing, I noticed the drivers bar isn't in all the way or basiclly the bars don't look them same from pass to driver. someone has put keys in it b/c the keys I got off Ebay are the same index, so they sent me F3 keys for a 2500HD and those bottomed out the upper control arms, Maybe the guys who put the keys in before me didn't get the index right when putting the keys back in. I'm going to pull the keys out Monday and mark the index of each. I'm able to crank on these with a 3/8th ratchet too. I judt don't think the index is correct on the drivers side, will update Monday nite, Thx again!!!

That's a problem right there. 3/4 ton torsion keys will actually lower the ride hit on a 1/2 ton truck. Try to get stock ford keys or aftermarket lift keys and see what happens. This may get the lift you want but might not fix the height difference between driver and passenger sides

No the 2500HD lifted the truck soooo much that it bottomed out on the upper control arms but was the most lift on the truck had to limp home after puttting them on and I never cranked on them either was a huge differenace between the C3 keys and the F3 ( C3 3in lift 1500 & F3 being 3in lift 2500 ).

Archived